Posted to rec.audio.pro
joe h joe h is offline

Default Shure SM7B windscreen question

Hello,

I working on getting a Shure SM7B. There is the "normal" looking
black foam windscreen. Then there is this "giant" foam windscreen
that sticks out around the edges that looks kind of hilarious and
slightly cheesy in a 1970's Wide World of Sports kind of way.

It looks like the normal one is called the RK345, and the giant one is
called the A7WS. I was reading the online documentation at Shure. It
says it now ships the A7WS standard with the microphone purchase. I'm
*guessing* it also ships with the normal one (the A7WS), but it
doesn't really say "you also get the RK345". I want the normal
windscreen, so I'm hoping that RK345 is in the box too.

So I was wondering if anybody knows if the normal windscreen ships
standard these days. It's a totally cool mic. I took Mr. Dorsey's
advice to take a long careful look at broadcast-centered dynamics, and
went with something very close to his RE20 recommendation.

Looking forward to completing the signal chain!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
videochas www.locoworks.com videochas www.locoworks.com is offline
Banned

On Sep 17, 8:14*pm, joe h wrote:
[...]

Mine came with both. Since the huge one is most effective, that's the
one I use. It is a great great mike.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
joe h joe h is offline

On Sep 18, 1:17*am, "videochas www.locoworks.com"
wrote:
On Sep 17, 8:14*pm, joe h wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting the SM7B!

Super Windscreen mcp6453[_2_] Pro Audio 8 March 29th 11 11:42 AM
AKG W60 Windscreen mcp6453[_2_] Pro Audio 1 October 26th 09 02:33 PM
Shure SM7B adam79 Pro Audio 8 October 26th 07 09:03 AM
what do the roll off switches on a SM7B do? spud Pro Audio 4 January 11th 07 02:55 AM
SM7b or RE27? rich Pro Audio 10 March 20th 06 08:13 AM