Posted to rec.audio.tech
James Price

Default Powered active monitors question

This is probably an ignorant question but I own a pair of KRK RP8's. Is it
OK to leave them on all the time? Can it compromise their lifespan or affect
their performance by doing so?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Peter Larsen

James Price wrote:

This is probably an ignorant question but I own a pair of
KRK RP8's. Is it OK to leave them on all the time?

No, you will emit too much CO2 if so doing and you will waste money, but
it is not only OK not to such them down for just hours, all things
considered it is wise.

Can it compromise their lifespan

No, if anything on the contrary.

or affect their performance by doing so?

No, if anything on the contrary, some equipment will tend do sound
slightly better after a few hours if it has not been powered up for
considerable time.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen