David F. Eisan

Default What do you think of this system? Speaker vs. Amp $$$?

Hello everyone,

I was about to click "checkout" on Etronics when I decided I better check
the physical size of the amps I wanted to see if they would fit where I
wanted them to go, DOH!, I cannot buy what I want.

I am looking at the Alpine MRP-F240 4x40 RMS (4 Ohm) and Alpine MRP-M350
350x1 RMS (2 Ohm) amps to drive two pair of Alpine SRP-574a's and a Kicker
S8L5.

The two Alpine amps total $278, and the speakers and sub total $318.

These two Alpine amps are the only two that will fit under the front buckets
of my Ford Ranger. I really wanted the MRV-F340 and MRD-M300, but they won't
fit where I need them to go.

Am I buying speakers that are much better than the amps?

Is there a common ratio of what you should spend on amps vs. speakers?

What do you think of the system I am thinking about?

Thanks,

David.