Brigitte J.

Default Windows Sound Recorder

I apologize if this is the wrong group for this question. If there's a
better group to ask, please point me in that direction.

I have an audio cassette I need to record onto my hard drive, so that I can
decrease the speed, then put it onto a CD-ROM.

A little background information so you know why I need to do this...

My unemployment appeals hearing took place over the phone, and was recorded
by the appeals court for records. They sent the tape to me and when I play
it back, it's way too fast. Because some of these hearing can last a long
time, and to conserve audio tapes, they record them at half-speed. My
attorney needs to hear this tape and be able to understand it, but at the
current speed, it just sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks on meth...

I've attempted to play the tape on a tape player and record into "Windows
Sound Recorder", and this works great, except that it won't allow me to tape
anything of any length. I get 60 seconds into it, and it stops recording.
I need to tape approximately 45 to 60 minutes and can't figure out how to
accomplish this.

Can you tell me how I can accomplish this without having to buy equipment
that I'll probably never need again? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance for any ideas, advice or direction to where I can go for
help.

Thanks,
Brigitte