malcolm

Default Cannot get Adobe Audtion to Run on Win 2000 pro, any help appreciated, tryitoz

"Joe Donaldson" wrote in message
om...
I did uninstall quite a few programs I did not need and then tried a
reinstall. All is well except for the poor Customer Support of Adobe
who has yet to return my phone call after I incurred $90 in tech
support long distance fees.
I should bill them. Oh well at least I learned something.

Thanks
Joe

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

Well, I'm not up on all the latest news and disfunctions of Win2k,

although
I also use it, but in the old days a divide by zero generally meant bad
memory or an application that allocated "far" space that was unreachable

by
the program. This might be a situation where you have to do some memory
swapping if Adobe can't pinpoint the problem.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Joe Donaldson" wrote in message
om...
Have Cool Edit 2000 and bought Adobe Audition upgrade for $99.
Seemed to install fine. However whenever I run it (even with all other
programs disabled) I get an error from Windows stating that Program
has generated errors and to see the og for details.

When looking at Dr Watson log, I see it is a divide by zero error.

Spoke to Adobe tech support who are researching this but I know I am
not alone.

I of course disabled certain services, deleted NERO, Soundblaster Live
and other programs that might affect sound. Had empty system. Scanned
for viruses. Checked start-up list, have all Service Packs for Win2k
Pro in. Did a defag with Norton..... All else works fine.

Still cannot get Audition to run.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely
Joe

Joe Donaldson

I backed up my system with Ghost and also the Registry. I then
uninstalled any programs and Codecs (in Add/Remove programs) that had
to do with any Audio file processing..

Then everything worked.

Peter