Sean Scott

Default MP3 players

I was thinking of getting an mp3 player to hook up to my car before but I
got to wondering, are there any MP3 players out there designed solely for
automobile use? I couldnt find anything on crutchfield, bestbuy or circuit
city .com and don't know where else to look.

Yeah, there called cd/mp3 receivers. They install in your dash in place
of your oem head unit.

MOSFET

Yeah, there called cd/mp3 receivers. They install in your dash in place
of your oem head unit.

See, Ephedra, right there! You can't get away from it! Portable MP3
players are HERE TO STAY in this forum. Thank you Sean for proving my
point!

MOSFET

AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!! Don't junk up your interior with little plasticy
lookin things sitting in your cup holder!!

Sean Scott

"Antispammer" wrote in message
hook up via AUX-in

My Pioneer DEH-P8400MP does not have an AUX-input, otherwise I would, I
spent some decent money (for my budget anyway) on this HU and would rather
not replace it just yet (only had it since October).

"Sean Scott" Its@secret wrote in message
I was thinking of getting an mp3 player to hook up to my car before but I
got to wondering, are there any MP3 players out there designed solely for
automobile use? I couldnt find anything on crutchfield, bestbuy or

circuit
city .com and don't know where else to look.

deh-8400mp
IP-Bus System Control
MCD Control
DVD Control
TV Tuner Control
Auxiliary Input (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required)

Looks like you can have a aux input.

Sean Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...
deh-8400mp
IP-Bus System Control
MCD Control
DVD Control
TV Tuner Control
Auxiliary Input (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required)

Looks like you can have a aux input.

You will have to explain to me what this CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 is because I
have no idea. The CD changer was bought as a serviced return from bestbuy
and came with no manual. I read the one on the website
pioneerelectronics.com and saw nothing about an aux input.

I assume is a cable that plugs into the ip-buss system in place of a
changer. Call crutchfield and ask them about it. Im sure they can help.

Sean Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...
I assume is a cable that plugs into the ip-buss system in place of a
changer. Call crutchfield and ask them about it. Im sure they can help.

So you are basically telling me to get what I posted here asking about?????
An IP-Bus adapter for an MP3 player, unreal, thanks for the help btw, and I
already checked with crutchfield, they don't carry what I need.

In article , Sean Scott wrote:

You will have to explain to me what this CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 is because I
have no idea.

Use the RB10 if you don't have a CD changer plugged into the back of your
Pioneer head unit. Use the RB20 if you do. They both plug into the back
of your head unit. Crutchfield sells the RB10. Not sure if they sell
the RB20 too.

- Dan

CD-RB20 is so you can use a cd changer AND have AUX in. The CD-RB10 is
for Aux in only, can't have the changer at the same time.

Sean Scott

wrote in message
In article , Sean Scott wrote:

You will have to explain to me what this CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 is because I
have no idea.

Use the RB10 if you don't have a CD changer plugged into the back of your
Pioneer head unit. Use the RB20 if you do. They both plug into the back
of your head unit. Crutchfield sells the RB10. Not sure if they sell
the RB20 too.

- Dan

It only lets me hook up an MP3 player with an RCA output, my Creative NOMAD
doesn't have an RCA output

you need a 3.55 to rca adapter. Super cheap. Heres one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Also, I heard Pioneer is coming out with a specific ipod control box
that will allow you to view track info and change songs, etc from your
pioneer head unit. Not sure when its coming out.

Hmm. Thats strange. I would email Pioneer and ask them about the
specific adapter you need. And yes, it will be a ipbus to rca input
adapter, so you can run any source through your system.

And like the above mentioned. Search your manual and menus on your
unit and look for a Aux On/In Off selection.

Sean Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...
you need a 3.55 to rca adapter. Super cheap. Heres one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Also, I heard Pioneer is coming out with a specific ipod control box
that will allow you to view track info and change songs, etc from your
pioneer head unit. Not sure when its coming out.

Thanks I'll get the IP to RCA and RCA to 3.55 adapters, I have no interest
in an iPod, way overpriced IMHO, I'd rather just get the Creative Nomad
Jukebox for almost half the price, same amount of storage and longer battery
life.