Mac Cool

Default Do I need a new head unit? Volume problems...

I have a factory stereo in my Ford ranger and recently the volume has
started going up and down on it's own. When the volume knob is turned 3/4
or higher, the problem rarely happens, but at 1/4-1/2 volume the problem
is almost constant. Is the head unit hosed?
--
Mac Cool
MOSFET

I have a factory stereo in my Ford ranger and recently the volume has
started going up and down on it's own. When the volume knob is turned 3/4
or higher, the problem rarely happens, but at 1/4-1/2 volume the problem
is almost constant. Is the head unit hosed?
--
Mac Cool

This is a common problem. Your Ford Ranger is haunted.
And, apparently, this ghost likes the music loud.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

MOSFET

Mac Cool wrote:
I have a factory stereo in my Ford ranger and recently the volume has

started going up and down on it's own. When the volume knob is turned

3/4
or higher, the problem rarely happens, but at 1/4-1/2 volume the

problem
is almost constant. Is the head unit hosed?
--
Mac Cool

Your volume knob is gone bad. It's not digital type. It's an analog
type made of ceramic material. And this material could going bad.
You can replaced the volumn part if you know how to apart. Go get
digital multimeter and measure the maximun resistance of your volumn
knob, and
you get a part from Radioshack or electronic store. I don't think it's
avaialbe in radioshack you have to go to electronic supply store.

Mac Cool

You can replaced the volumn part if you know how to apart.

Thanks, I'll probably just get another head unit.
--
Mac Cool

JVC Head Problems Jcasey22 Car Audio 3 January 4th 05 04:17 AM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
help connecting power to 2nd head unit Paul Vina Car Audio 1 July 9th 03 08:34 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM