SHRED

Default MP3 player connecting to a SIR-ALP1 to an Alpine 9827?

I use a SIR-ALP1 for my Sirius radio into an Alpine 9827 via Ai-NET
connection.

Now I am in the market for an MP3 player to tie into the Ai-NET INPUT of
my SIR-ALP1 and play through my HU.

Any particular output connection on the MP3 player I would need or does
the connection go from the headphone jack out to the Ai-NET INPUT on the
SIR-ALP1? Where would I get a cable like that?

I want to severely curtail my need to burn MP3 CD's!

Thanks
John Durbin

You can't just plug in a cable, you need a device that speaks Ai-NET
plugged in to that port or the HU won't recognize the port as a AUX
source. I believe there is an Ai-NET accessory sold for that purpose...

JD

SHRED wrote:

I use a SIR-ALP1 for my Sirius radio into an Alpine 9827 via Ai-NET
connection.

Now I am in the market for an MP3 player to tie into the Ai-NET INPUT
of my SIR-ALP1 and play through my HU.

Any particular output connection on the MP3 player I would need or
does the connection go from the headphone jack out to the Ai-NET INPUT
on the SIR-ALP1? Where would I get a cable like that?

I want to severely curtail my need to burn MP3 CD's!

Thanks

SHRED

John Durbin wrote:
You can't just plug in a cable, you need a device that speaks Ai-NET
plugged in to that port or the HU won't recognize the port as a AUX
source. I believe there is an Ai-NET accessory sold for that purpose...

Something like this?

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=321

Or this?

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=71

I would plug into the SIR-ALP1 unit which speaks Ai-Net to the HU.
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro...aLp1-f_dg.jpeg

JD

SHRED wrote:

I use a SIR-ALP1 for my Sirius radio into an Alpine 9827 via Ai-NET
connection.

Now I am in the market for an MP3 player to tie into the Ai-NET INPUT
of my SIR-ALP1 and play through my HU.

Any particular output connection on the MP3 player I would need or
does the connection go from the headphone jack out to the Ai-NET INPUT
on the SIR-ALP1? Where would I get a cable like that?

I want to severely curtail my need to burn MP3 CD's!

Thanks

John Durbin

The first two look like the ticket, although I think I would check out
Alpine's own adapter - which I've conveniently forgotten the model
number for... the SIR-ALP1 isn't going to work for that, one he already
has it and two you still need the adapter w/protocol to plug into its
Input jack. Otherwise the HU won't recognize there's another source on
the data bus when you rotate through the Source menu.

JD

SHRED wrote:

I use a SIR-ALP1 for my Sirius radio into an Alpine 9827 via Ai-NET
connection.

Now I am in the market for an MP3 player to tie into the Ai-NET
INPUT of my SIR-ALP1 and play through my HU.

Any particular output connection on the MP3 player I would need or
does the connection go from the headphone jack out to the Ai-NET
INPUT on the SIR-ALP1? Where would I get a cable like that?

I want to severely curtail my need to burn MP3 CD's!

Thanks

SHRED

I spoke with Alpine and they said to get the second adapter and turn the
AUX function to ON in the HU.
I will then be able to play the MP3 player through the SIR-ALP1 Ai-Net
connection using the MP3 player controls and the HU set to AUX of course.