Alex

Default Some advise, pleazzze

Hello everybody!

I have a question for you about a choice I made some weeks ago (because
of the price it was offered to me):

Consists of this:

-- Sony CDX-MP30 with the following characteristics:

Maximum Power Output52 Watts x 4

Continuous Power23 Watts x 4

-- with a pair of Pioneer speakers TS-1756II with characteristics:

General TS-1756II
Short description 2-way Custom-fit

Frequency response 30 - 22.000 Hz

Sensitivity (1W/1m) 92 dB

Maximum Power 160 Watt

Nominal input power 35 Watt

Woofer size (cm) 17 cm

-- and a pair of Pioneer speakers TS-178 (77B) with characteristics:

General TS-178 (77B)
Short description 2 separate way Custom-fit

Frequency response 30 - 30.000 Hz

Sensitivity (1W/1m) 90 dB

Maximum Power 100 Watt

Nominal input power 30 Watt

Woofer size (cm) 17 cm

And the question is... I'm more interested in the compatibility of it
all.

I mean that I would like to know if all this stuff can make a good work
altogether, because I can't undestand much of the relations there are with
Max input power, Nominal input power, and all this tech-talk ;-)

I'm planning to put them in my peugeot 306, and substitute the old
factory audio system.

In few words, I need some advise, from you guys

Sergi

PS. I would like too, if you can reply me by email. THANX

MOSFET

I mean that I would like to know if all this stuff can make a good
work
altogether, because I can't undestand much of the relations there are with
Max input power, Nominal input power, and all this tech-talk ;-)

One thing's for sure, Alex, no one is going to accuse you of not providing
enough information.

Those componets will work fine together. However, if you are like most of
us, you will likely find the bass a bit thin. A natural next step is to
consider buying a subwoofer and amplifier to drive it. Ebay is a great
place to look for used gear, however if you want new look for retailers who
sell package deals (amp, woofers and enclosure) at a reduced price.

MOSFET

ministone20

the basslink T which goes for around $300-350. works very well i just
installed one in my dads truck and that thing hits very loud. its got
a 350 wt built in amplifier. only a few nobes to mess with so nothing
too serious. if thats outta your price range go with an earlier model
of basslink there material is really good.

--
ministone20
ministone20's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32796

Alex

Another question (and sorry for the bother):

Isn't the sony reciever underpower any of the speakers, or is it ok???.
Someone said to me that is a very bad thing if the speakers are underpowered
because this can destroy them.

Is the combination of components described below right, or are any little
thing, besides what MOSFET reply about a subwoofer (by the way thank you a
lot!), that can be important regarding bad sound or destruction of
speakers/receiver ?

Thanx in advance, I promise I won't bother again

Alex

"MOSFET" escribió en el mensaje
I mean that I would like to know if all this stuff can make a good

work
altogether, because I can't undestand much of the relations there are
with
Max input power, Nominal input power, and all this tech-talk ;-)

One thing's for sure, Alex, no one is going to accuse you of not providing
enough information.

Those componets will work fine together. However, if you are like most of
us, you will likely find the bass a bit thin. A natural next step is to
consider buying a subwoofer and amplifier to drive it. Ebay is a great
place to look for used gear, however if you want new look for retailers
who
sell package deals (amp, woofers and enclosure) at a reduced price.

MOSFET

Scott Johnson

"Alex" wrote in message
Another question (and sorry for the bother):

Isn't the sony reciever underpower any of the speakers, or is it ok???.
Someone said to me that is a very bad thing if the speakers are
underpowered because this can destroy them.

Is the combination of components described below right, or are any little
thing, besides what MOSFET reply about a subwoofer (by the way thank you a
lot!), that can be important regarding bad sound or destruction of
speakers/receiver ?

Thanx in advance, I promise I won't bother again

Alex

Well, underpowered is a relative term. In your case, it may not play as loud
as you want without distortion because of the deck power. later you may want
to add a 4-channel amp for your speakers.

Sean Scott

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

"Alex" wrote in message
Another question (and sorry for the bother):

Isn't the sony reciever underpower any of the speakers, or is it ok???.
Someone said to me that is a very bad thing if the speakers are
underpowered because this can destroy them.

Is the combination of components described below right, or are any little
thing, besides what MOSFET reply about a subwoofer (by the way thank you
a lot!), that can be important regarding bad sound or destruction of
speakers/receiver ?

Thanx in advance, I promise I won't bother again

Alex

Well, underpowered is a relative term. In your case, it may not play as
loud as you want without distortion because of the deck power. later you
may want to add a 4-channel amp for your speakers.

Does anyone know if there is any speakers out there with built in
amplifiers? I'm not looking for huge power gains just want to be able to
turn mine up just a tiny bit more w/o distortio, Im looking for two 5x7s in
the front and 6x9s in the rear. If there are no speakers with an inline
amplifier I'll probably just leave the car set up as it is, Im an
amateur(sp?) when it comes to this stuff and running the wire for one amp
was enough, I have no desire to do this again. I like the way it sounds now
for the most part but when I am doing 45 MPH or more with the windows down
the radio has a little trouble overcoming the windnoise.

Scott Johnson

Does anyone know if there is any speakers out there with built in
amplifiers? I'm not looking for huge power gains just want to be able to
turn mine up just a tiny bit more w/o distortio, Im looking for two 5x7s
in the front and 6x9s in the rear. If there are no speakers with an
inline amplifier I'll probably just leave the car set up as it is, Im an
amateur(sp?) when it comes to this stuff and running the wire for one amp
was enough, I have no desire to do this again. I like the way it sounds
now for the most part but when I am doing 45 MPH or more with the windows
down the radio has a little trouble overcoming the windnoise.

It would be easier to wire a single amp than to wire 4 amps (1 for each
speaker)

Sean Scott

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

Does anyone know if there is any speakers out there with built in
amplifiers? I'm not looking for huge power gains just want to be able to
turn mine up just a tiny bit more w/o distortio, Im looking for two 5x7s
in the front and 6x9s in the rear. If there are no speakers with an
inline amplifier I'll probably just leave the car set up as it is, Im an
amateur(sp?) when it comes to this stuff and running the wire for one amp
was enough, I have no desire to do this again. I like the way it sounds
now for the most part but when I am doing 45 MPH or more with the windows
down the radio has a little trouble overcoming the windnoise.

It would be easier to wire a single amp than to wire 4 amps (1 for each
speaker)

I was thinking along the lines of just plugging the speaker into the factory
speaker plugs and the amp would draw the power from that line and somehow
amplify it enough to power the speaker w/o having to run any extra wire, I
was tired at the time though, I now see that it wouldnt be possible.

Sean Scott

"ministone20" wrote in message
news:1108845994.f9f6c3e4affaab4a672531b0cb254547@t eranews...

the basslink T which goes for around $300-350. works very well i just
installed one in my dads truck and that thing hits very loud. its got
a 350 wt built in amplifier. only a few nobes to mess with so nothing
too serious. if thats outta your price range go with an earlier model
of basslink there material is really good.

I have subwoofers already, just wanted to amplify the speakers because they
distort at higher volumes and someone told me that amplifiying them will
stop the distortion.

--
ministone20
ministone20's Profile:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32796
View this thread:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211757

Scott Johnson

I was thinking along the lines of just plugging the speaker into the
factory
speaker plugs and the amp would draw the power from that line and somehow
amplify it enough to power the speaker w/o having to run any extra wire, I
was tired at the time though, I now see that it wouldnt be possible.

It would still need an outside power source. a small 4-channel amp would not
be hard to add. something between 30 and 50 watts per channel rms power.

Sean Scott

"Scott Johnson" wrote in
message ...

I was thinking along the lines of just plugging the speaker into the
factory
speaker plugs and the amp would draw the power from that line and somehow
amplify it enough to power the speaker w/o having to run any extra wire,
I was tired at the time though, I now see that it wouldnt be possible.

It would still need an outside power source. a small 4-channel amp would
not be hard to add. something between 30 and 50 watts per channel rms
power.

Is there any way I can run the power wire for the new amp off of the power
wire that goes to the old amp? The wire is 800 Watt rated and the amp is
only 150 Watt. If not I'd just as soon not run 2 seperate power wires off
of the battery. I will just try to find a more powerful HU. What are some
good 5x7 speakers for under 250 bucks? I wanted to upgrade the door
speakers in my car. I should also mention I have no desire to cut into door
panels and such so I am looking for an all in one speaker not a speaker
where the tweeter is mounted higher up on the door. I know this is
supposed to sound better but I just want a regular all in one speaker.
Power rating doesn't matter since my front speakers are not amplified atm.

Scott Johnson

Is there any way I can run the power wire for the new amp off of the power
wire that goes to the old amp? The wire is 800 Watt rated and the amp is
only 150 Watt. If not I'd just as soon not run 2 seperate power wires off
of the battery. I will just try to find a more powerful HU. What are
some good 5x7 speakers for under 250 bucks? I wanted to upgrade the door
speakers in my car. I should also mention I have no desire to cut into
door panels and such so I am looking for an all in one speaker not a
speaker where the tweeter is mounted higher up on the door. I know this
is supposed to sound better but I just want a regular all in one speaker.
Power rating doesn't matter since my front speakers are not amplified atm.

It's possible to use the same power wire. I would put a fuse on it if you
have to run it very far.

as far as 5*7's, your best bet is to go to some shops that have them so you
can hear the differences between them. I've run Pioneers in the past with
good luck.