dave weil

Default The system I'm assembling

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:03:07 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:18:16 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:01:25 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:20:09 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

Dennis Selwa wrote:

Pass Labs Aleph 5
Quad ESL 57

Nice speaker. Requires gobs of power, though. Super-clean
preamp as well.

Actually, the ESL-57 is pretty inefficient, but more significantly
it can't handle gobs of power very long without being destroyed.

Kimber 4TC
Kimber PBJ

Just get some big gauge wire. No need to buy into that
"uber-wire" nonsense. For these speakers, 6-8 gauge would be
overkill and more than twice the metal per foot than those
Kimbers.

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot
on speaker wire?

Two typical 8 foot runs gets you to $160 for what amounts to being
$4.00 worth of wire.

If I were as unethical as Weil, I'd think its a great idea that
stupid arrogant people get ripped off for $156 early and often. If
only I could be as unethical as Ray Kimber, and get people to send
the money to me!

You sir are the unethical one by claiming that others are unethical.

Prove it. Without proof its a lie which is of course, unethical.

You have claimed without proof that people are unethical. This makes
you unethical. It's just as valid as *your* ideas of ethics.

The next thing you know, you'll be going after Rolex as an
"unethical company".

Irrelevant and unfounded claim.

Not at all. It goes right to the heart of the matter.

Attempt at mind reading. Unethical.

Thank you for avoiding my "claim". Guess this proves that I'm right.

What a joke!

Yes you are, Weil.

LOL!

Lack of imagination from Mr. Krueger noted.

The sanctimonious Arnold Krueger expects *everyone* to share his
desire for mediocrity.

Prove that there's some audible advantage to Kimber's $10 a foot
wire over the commodity equivalent and your claim of mediocrity
becomes ethical.

Prove that *anyone* has made any technical claims about Kimber in this
thread, other than you. Prove that you've done the requisite
measurements of the said product and disclose the results of your
listening tests to back up your claims.

Otherwise Weil, its more proof that you are a liar, which is of
course unethical.

Cool.

Unethical.

Hardly.

Prove it!

Plus, I'll bet he's a bad tipper as well. After all, why leave 15
-20% when you can leave 5%?

Irrelevant. Presumptuous. Unethical.

Nope. Just speaking what seems to be the truth, based on your postings
here on USENET.

You'll say such a thing after being proven to be a liar so many ways in just
one post?

I'll get back to you when somebody proves me to be a liar.

And it's *not* irrelevant to your dismissal of things
that cost more than the "minimum".

Where did I do that? All I did is point out that charging exhorbitant prices
(something like 40x the minimum) for non-existent benefits is dishonest.

First of all, the benefits haven't been proven to be non-existent.
Second of all, it's not dishonest to charge a price that the
marketplace is willing to bear. Of course, you don't seem to know
anything about marketing or business for that matter.

Looks like I've kicked your butt yet again.

No, you're just proving once again what a liar you are, Weil.

It's like skimming scum off of the pond...

I'm willing to bow to your expertise with harvesting scum, Weil. Thanks for
the true confession.

And thanks for the confession that you *are* pond scum.
Joseph Oberlander

dave weil wrote:

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot on
speaker wire?

Well, if it makes them feel all fuzzy... but me - I'd go for twice
the metal per foot anyday.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

Actually, the ESL-57 is pretty inefficient, but more significantly it can't
handle gobs of power very long without being destroyed.

Interesting. So - how do you find a low-power 1-2 ohm amp today? Most
I see are well in excess of 100wpc.

Arny Krueger

"Marc Phillips" wrote in message

Arny said:

Marc Phillips" wrote in message

Your mistake is that your failure to leave even though you're almost
universally reviled defines your image around here.

Except that you are delusional, Phillips. OK, so you and Middius
revile me. Who are you in the cosmic scheme of things? You are two
nobodies. You have zero credibility.

That's right. We're just two strangers who live in your computer.

No, my computer is quite clean - no filth like you Phillips is in it.

We can't hurt you. We can't hurt you.

You've made me stronger, Phillips.

it defines your mental illness, in fact.

Yet another example of your lies and delusions, Phillips. If you
haven't noticed, this group is nearly dead while the other audio
groups have grown. My advice to people to post about audio in those
other groups has been acted on by many people, leaving RAO a
backwater.

I actively participate in three other audio groups.

Oh, those little private backwaters.

You're right,
they're much more pleasant than RAO. That's because you don't post
there.

You can't handle opinions that aren't complementary to yours, can you
Phillips? Speaks to your innate weakness and lack of intelligence.

You can continue to trash this place as long as you like, Phillips -
no skin off my nose.

Is that because you're hopelessly addicted to the attention you get
here, even though most of it is overwhelmingly negative?

No Phillips, its because I do well here as well, and that obviously ****es
you and Middius and the rest of your clique off quite a bit.

You guys are really nuts if you think that you can scare me off by showing
your true perverse character.

Arny Krueger

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Actually, the ESL-57 is pretty inefficient, but more significantly
it can't handle gobs of power very long without being destroyed.

Interesting. So - how do you find a low-power 1-2 ohm amp today?

Irrelevant to my statement.

Most I see are well in excess of 100wpc.

Irrelevant to what I said. Oberlander, you're talking about amplfier power
and how it is implemented and I'm talking about the power handling capacity
of a certain obsolete speaker.

dave weil

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:28:20 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot on
speaker wire?

Well, if it makes them feel all fuzzy... but me - I'd go for twice
the metal per foot anyday.

And that's fine. Buy that ugly old Home Depot wire.

dave weil

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:34:44 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Actually, the ESL-57 is pretty inefficient, but more significantly it can't
handle gobs of power very long without being destroyed.

Interesting. So - how do you find a low-power 1-2 ohm amp today? Most
I see are well in excess of 100wpc.

You don't need the parameters that you are talking about. I think that
you are confusing the Quad with Martin-Logan.
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Any reasonable person can
see that you are quite sick and perverted.

You are incompetent to comment upon what a reasonable person
might think.

That is not the same
thing, however, as telling anyone who thinks you are helpful, or
knowledgeable, or "hard to beat in a debate," that you are really a
child pornographer.

You're delusional, Phillips. Are you a child pornographer?

So, you are still lookiing for someone to swap pictures with.

Were you the
victim of a child pornographer?

Was he one of your early victims?

Why are you so obsessed with child
pornography?

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

You win again, Arny.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

I actively participate in three other audio groups.

Oh, those little private backwaters.

This is the big leagues!!!!

This is what its all about!!!

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Ain't that the truth.

Hmm..... On reconsideration, it strikes me that Krooger's little
tantrum there sounds distinctly like something a kid caught
red-handed with a dirty magazine would say. I think Mr. **** is
saying he's going to show us, and show us good. "You think you'll be
happy if I die? You think so? Well, watch this!"

What's it going to be, Arnii? An encounter with a bus speeding down
your little street? Charging into the police station with your
pistol in your hand? Or maybe the long-delayed exploration of the
bottom of Lake Superior?

I vote for his being squeezed to death by a bear.

Arny Krueger

news
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot on
speaker wire?

Well, if it makes them feel all fuzzy... but me - I'd go for twice
the metal per foot anyday.

And that's fine. Buy that ugly old Home Depot wire.

Beauty contests for speaker wire, anybody? Sure sign of being in a despirate
need of a life, I'd say!

LOL!

dave weil

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:37:54 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

news
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot on
speaker wire?

Well, if it makes them feel all fuzzy... but me - I'd go for twice
the metal per foot anyday.

And that's fine. Buy that ugly old Home Depot wire.

Beauty contests for speaker wire, anybody? Sure sign of being in a despirate
need of a life, I'd say!

No, sure sign of a realization that appearance is part of any buying
desicion.

BTW, I don't think I've ever been "despirate" in my life. You've been
watching too many Johnny Depp movies.

PS, I guess you're too arrogant or lazy to use your spell checker, eh,
Mr. Krueger?

LOL!

L(oTS)!

Margaret von Busenhalter

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Sure sign of being in a despirate
need of a life, I'd say!

LOL!

Not nearly as much as "Nate".

LOL!

MvB

Margaret von Busenhalter

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

[...]

That's why Arny rightfully claims to have a "life".

MvB

Joseph Oberlander

wrote:

dave weil wrote:

Why does it bother you that someone would gasp spend $10 a foot on
speaker wire?

Well, if it makes them feel all fuzzy... but me - I'd go for twice
the metal per foot anyday.

And that's fine. Buy that ugly old Home Depot wire.

It does come in 12 colors

Joseph Oberlander

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

Of course, Google is unable to go through each one and determine
if it was a response or original statement.

We all know Arny has a thing for responding to EVERY last post
about him, so it's not surprizing. Someone mentions it once
like you just did now, and it gets into the next 50 posts in
the flamewar, buried layers deep in in old quotes.

Google? Braindead. Has no option to check only the non-quoted
areas of posts.

So, as usualy - your data is too flawed to be useable.

Arny Krueger

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

Of course, Google is unable to go through each one and determine
if it was a response or original statement.

Not only that, it ignores the fact that Phillips has associates and
sockpuppets who stage attacks that essentially duplicate his. On occasion
there's three or more different IDs attacking me at the same time. If I
respond to one of them, the other two or three ride free as far as these
kinds of statistics go.

We all know Arny has a thing for responding to EVERY last post
about him, so it's not surprising.

Not true.

Someone mentions it once
like you just did now, and it gets into the next 50 posts in
the flamewar, buried layers deep in in old quotes.

You're ignoring the fact that Phillips is like most thugs. He works in a
group. Yesterday Middius was doubling his posts, today its Mr. Titsacks and
Sockpuppet Yustabe.

Also, Phillips is an admitted sockpuppet master. He has the option of
working under multiple names. I don't do sockpuppets.

Google? Braindead. Has no option to check only the non-quoted
areas of posts.

True.

So, as usually - your data is too flawed to be useable.

Consider the source...

George M. Middius

Default Oberlander Regresses

Joseph Oberlander said:

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

Of course, Google is unable to go through each one and determine
if it was a response or original statement.

Back to defending Krooger at any cost, are you?

I did the same search on Google and I got a different score. Krooger
still wins, of course, but the magnitude was much lower:

Krooger: 198
Phillips: 97

I don't think that particular phrase is anything like a comprehensive
test for who's smuttier. We all know who started this mess:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...news.flash.net

We all know Arny has a thing for responding to EVERY last post
about him, so it's not surprizing. Someone mentions it once
like you just did now, and it gets into the next 50 posts in
the flamewar, buried layers deep in in old quotes.

Do your own search then.

Google? Braindead. Has no option to check only the non-quoted
areas of posts.

Then explain my results.

BTW, you still have yet to answer my question about who is killing
Americans in Iraq. Since you declared Saddam's armed forces to be
nonexistent, perhaps you theorize they're being offed by crooked old
women weaving black magic spells?

So, as usualy - your data is too flawed to be useable.

Dorkily said. As usual.

Margaret von Busenhalter

Joseph Oberlander said:

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

Of course, Google is unable to go through each one and determine
if it was a response or original statement.

Back to defending Krooger at any cost, are you?

I did the same search on Google and I got a different score. Krooger
still wins, of course, but the magnitude was much lower:

Krooger: 198
Phillips: 97

I don't think that particular phrase is anything like a comprehensive
test for who's smuttier. We all know who started this mess:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...news.flash.net

That single post truly defines Krueger.

Cheers,

MvB

Marc Phillips

Arny said:

"Marc Phillips" wrote in message

Arny said:

don't know who told you that you would be able to get on
RAO,

He just keeps going, and going, and going...

When are you going to stop polluting this place with your perversions,
Phillips?

They're your perversions, Mr. IKYABWAI.

Boon

George M. Middius

Marc Phillips said to ****-for-Brains:

They're your perversions, Mr. IKYABWAI.

Maybe Arnii opted to take the "castration drug" rather than do time
in jail.

Marc Phillips

Mr. Middius said:

Marc Phillips said to ****-for-Brains:

They're your perversions, Mr. IKYABWAI.

Maybe Arnii opted to take the "castration drug" rather than do time
in jail.

Yeah, I'd be lashing out at the world around me, too.

Boon

Arny Krueger

Mr. Middius said:

Marc Phillips said to ****-for-Brains:

They're your perversions, Mr. IKYABWAI.

Maybe Arnii opted to take the "castration drug" rather than do time
in jail.

Yeah, I'd be lashing out at the world around me, too.

Aside to the rest of the group.

What kind of naive children, who have been trying to force me off of RAO for
6 years, would think that an obvious petty lie like this would make me
suddenly leave?

IMO even mental midgets like Phillips and Middius aren't that naive. No,
while their pretext is to post lies like these to force me off the group,
the real truth is that they get a really big thrill from writing this stuff.
In fact, its one of the biggest thrills they get.

Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

Joseph Oberlander said:

Google results mentioning "child pornography"

Krueger - 1,170
Boon - 385

Of course, Google is unable to go through each one and determine
if it was a response or original statement.

Back to defending Krooger at any cost, are you?

No. Most definately not.

OTOH, your misunderstanding of statistics is too apalling to not
believe that you really do know that it is flawed and it's done
on purpose.

I did the same search on Google and I got a different score. Krooger
still wins, of course, but the magnitude was much lower:

Krooger: 198
Phillips: 97

Means nothing without knowing who initiated the phrase in
each and every email.

BTW, you still have yet to answer my question about who is killing
Americans in Iraq. Since you declared Saddam's armed forces to be
nonexistent, perhaps you theorize they're being offed by crooked old
women weaving black magic spells?

No, patriotic Iraqis who want to control their own destiny since
we seem to be doing nothing but running the place like a bannana
republic.

Fact: No democracy can survive in Iraq as long as the people
still believe in Islam. Why? Because there is no concept of
the seperation of religion and state in it. That's right - as
long as they believe their religion, they will always reject
our version of government.

Our oh-so-bright leaders scratch their heads and wonder why
they aren't welcoming us like the French did in WWII - all
the while failing to see this simple fact because it means
that their efforts are going to fail. Tell a general that
their plan is a failure and watch them re-double their efforts.

So...

THe answer is - they hate us being there. If you belive the
government line about them ALL being Sadam loyalists, you're
horribly naive. Hussein only stayed in power through force
and intimidation. Now that that is gone, he has no powerbase
and all of his old opponents are free to go after him if
he tries sometihng.

It's really tons of common citizens getting more and more
frustrated at us. Listen to their tribal leaders - they
are doing all that they can to *hold back* their people
from turning it into a major civil war.

Of course, anti-U.S. messages don't make it into the U.S.
and U.K. press, so you'll have to go to other media sources
to hear these leaders seaking. Most want war, and a few
of the more influential ones are holding them back.

The problem is - every week or two, one more goes to the
"kick the bums out and rule our own destiny" camp.

Arny Krueger

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message

BTW, you still have yet to answer my question about who is killing
Americans in Iraq. Since you declared Saddam's armed forces to be
nonexistent, perhaps you theorize they're being offed by crooked old
women weaving black magic spells?

No, patriotic Iraqis who want to control their own destiny since
we seem to be doing nothing but running the place like a bannana
republic.

Wrong again. The real problem is that we're not running the place.

Fact: No democracy can survive in Iraq as long as the people
still believe in Islam. Why? Because there is no concept of
the separation of religion and state in it. That's right - as
long as they believe their religion, they will always reject
our version of government.

....yet another naive child who thinks that we have democracy in the US, or
that we want to set up a democracy anyplace else.

Our oh-so-bright leaders scratch their heads and wonder why
they aren't welcoming us like the French did in WWII - all
the while failing to see this simple fact because it means
that their efforts are going to fail. Tell a general that
their plan is a failure and watch them re-double their efforts.

There's a big difference between living in an absolute dictatorship for 3
years and 30 years...

The answer is - they hate us being there.

The feeling is mutual - we hate being there, too.

If you believe the
government line about them ALL being Sadam loyalists, you're
horribly naive.

There is no such government line, except perhaps in some poorly-informed
persons little head.

Hussein only stayed in power through force
and intimidation. Now that that is gone, he has no powerbase
and all of his old opponents are free to go after him if
he tries sometihng.

Let's call that the Yugoslavia effect. Only Tito was a softie, a really nice
guy compared to Hussein.

It's really tons of common citizens getting more and more
frustrated at us. Listen to their tribal leaders - they
are doing all that they can to *hold back* their people
from turning it into a major civil war.

You got one thing right - the tribal leaders want to *hold back* the people
in their tribes. They also want to take credit for just about anything that
is perceived positively so they can build up their images as great leaders
and powers that need to be reckoned with.

Of course, anti-U.S. messages don't make it into the U.S.
and U.K. press, so you'll have to go to other media sources
to hear these leaders seaking. Most want war, and a few
of the more influential ones are holding them back.

Seems like they've had a lot of aversion therapy lately, that should have
taught them that was is a bad thing. If they want war and electric power
that works, you'd think by now that they would have learned that the two are
mutually incompatible.

The problem is - every week or two, one more goes to the
"kick the bums out and rule our own destiny" camp.

In English, please?

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

The problem is - every week or two, one more goes to the
"kick the bums out and rule our own destiny" camp.

I heard a live interview of a meeting with the 50 top tribal
leaders in Iraq and the U.S. officials. The U.S. officials were
blatantly harping the "give us two months - then come back
and it'll all be better - trust us" line and the entire audience
was not buying it since they had been told the exact same words
two months earlier.

It dissolved into chaos and yelling. Angst-fest.

Afterwards, the leader of the largest tribe in IRaq(50 *million*
people!) said - quote: "I love the Bush and the U.S. and want them
to succeed here, but my people want to go to war. I'm trying to
hold them back, but I can only do it for so long. Two months and
I'll join the others(referencing the other tribal leaders) and
go to war."

These were the same leaders that even Hussein was scared enough
of to talk to and keep happy. When it is only a dozen or so
out of the largest 50 tribal leaders that are keeping the entire
Iraqi population from erupting in a religous war against the U.S.
forces, that's worth noting, IMO.

Yes - 80% of the Iraqi leaders are willing to go to war aginst
us right now. The other 20% are telling them "wait a few months
and if nothing happens by then, we'll join you"

We come up with assinine explainations over here in our press, but
the reality is they are ****ed off at us jerking them off instead
of trying to let them fix things themselves(and us jsut police and keep
the peace, U.N. style) and make their own peaceful nation.

They are very proud as well. And they are about to boil over into
open civil war against us. "Sadam loyalists" my ass. We'd lie
a thousand times to make it appear that it was anything but an
open resistance towards our occupation.

We did exactly that in Vietnam, afterall - all glowy and pro-U.S.
for the first 5-6 years. Nothing bad except for "communists"
doing sneak attacks and such on us.

Our leaders just don't want the truth coming out - that we
invaded another nation unprovoked and are occupying it against
the will of the general population.
Proof? Here's a nice tidbit:

(made the papers today)

****
U.S.: Iraq War Preparations Began in 2002 With Air Strikes
For the first time, a top U.S. official has admitted that the U.S. deliberately
stepped up aid raids over Iraq last year to prepare for this year’s invasion.
Publicly the U.S. had claimed its pilots were simply enforcing the No-Fly Zones
but officials now admit the strikes targeted Iraq’s fiber-optic military
communications system as well as the military’s key command centers.

The secret plan codenamed Operation Southern Focus was launched last summer -
before President Bush even took his case against Iraq to the United Nations.

Lt. Gen. Michael Moseley told The New York Times that U.S. forces dropped some
600 precision guided bombs on about 400 targets in the months leading up to the
actual invasion of Iraq.

But the report further strengthens the assertion the U.S. war on Iraq did not
begin in March but quietly during the summer of 2002.
***

This was before we talked to the U.N. We started prepping for the war
months before we started trying to justify(lie about) it.

George M. Middius

Der Unterdork said:

Afterwards, the leader of the largest tribe in IRaq(50 *million*
people!)

You retard! You advance the frontier of your own stupidity with
your every post about current affairs.

Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

Der Unterdork said:

Afterwards, the leader of the largest tribe in IRaq(50 *million*
people!)

You retard! You advance the frontier of your own stupidity with
your every post about current affairs.

Typo. 5 million people.

No, he is for real. He is considered their spiritual leader for
that sect - the largest in Iraq. They will not declare a holy
war without his approval. He loves Bush and the U.S., but his
patience is wearing thin. He and a handful of leaders are
all that is holding back a full-scale religous war declaration
by the other leaders.

His own words - taped interview - "I'll wait two more months
then side with the others". That was two weeks ago. Once he
goes, the others will fall in fast - within a week or two.

Then it's FUBAR time.

S888Wheel

No, he is for real. He is considered their spiritual leader for
that sect - the largest in Iraq. They will not declare a holy
war without his approval. He loves Bush and the U.S., but his
patience is wearing thin. He and a handful of leaders are
all that is holding back a full-scale religous war declaration
by the other leaders.

His own words - taped interview - "I'll wait two more months
then side with the others". That was two weeks ago. Once he
goes, the others will fall in fast - within a week or two.

Then it's FUBAR time.

So we depose a secular asshole and we get a religious zealot in his place.
Isn't that special. good thing we are out there killing Arabs for the greater
stability of the world. Not
Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

The problem is - every week or two, one more goes to the
"kick the bums out and rule our own destiny" camp.

This is yet another RAO forgery.

The words in question were written not written by me. They were written by
"Joseph Oberlander" in message

If Oberlander wants to argue with himself, so be it.

But he should have the common decency to leave me out of it.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

The problem is - every week or two, one more goes to the
"kick the bums out and rule our own destiny" camp.

This is yet another RAO forgery.

? You made no sense here. I think one of us just missed counting
how many times we'd gone back and forth. That obviously was me
speaking there, reguardless of what the crap up in the header said.