Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Stereophile drops the NAD

The Krooborg grits its dental appendages in envy.

How crazy is a $2.7K integrated stereo amp? Probably, about 10 times less
crazy than a $26K CD player, or $46-$70k speakers.

Arnii, you don't have to remind us of your penury, your bitterness, and
your soul-suffocating class envy. We'll never forget as long the earth
keeps spinning.

Among humans, the usual antidote to the unquenched desire for more money
is to GET OFF YOUR ASS AND EARN SOME. But since you're less than human,
you wouldn't understand that.

I'll bet the worst embarrassment for you is when they pass the plate at
church and all you can fumble is some chewing gum wrappers and some old
P-chips.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,aus.hi-fi
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

"Commander" George M. Middius tool a page out of McCoy's coloring book
to bleat:

Arnii, you don't have to remind us of your penury, your bitterness, and
your soul-suffocating class envy. We'll never forget as long the earth
keeps spinning.

a) you are bleating only for yourself. No one else but McCoy and its
various puppets credit you in any way. Lose the "We", please as it
simply isn't so.
b) as you cannot even afford a Goodwill boombox (given that you never
discuss anything even remotely to do with audio, tubes or music as it
happens), you are the last one to be critical of penury.
c) Of course, you have learned your bitterness from your upbringing,
but you are a self-made fool. Living on a steady diet of Cheese Doodles
and diet Pepsi does tend to lead to irrational thought processes. There
are interventions available these days that might help you with that.
d) Keep in mind that when your parents (if any) die and/or you reach
18, the system will no longer support you and you will have to make
your own way in the world. That should be interesting.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA