Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce

Default iTunes - a problem

Am I the only one who finds iTunes useless as a means of listening to
music on a PC? I installed it on two machines running XP, and on both
it made continuous clicking and popping noises while playing. I have
since removed it from both and gone back to other programmes.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Don Pearce" wrote ...
Am I the only one who finds iTunes useless as a means of listening to
music on a PC? I installed it on two machines running XP, and on both
it made continuous clicking and popping noises while playing. I have
since removed it from both and gone back to other programmes.

Me too. I also have the problem with Quicktime. I have installed
it and removed it (and different versions) several times, but it
always plays audio full of annoying clicks. I have given up on
Quicktime altogether. And I removed iTunes as well. I am using
Anapod Manager to talk to my iPod because it integrates seamlessly
into Windows Explorer. I can just drag-n-drop. I suppose if I
had grown up with the fruit computer, iTunes would seem intuitive.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:03:05 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote ...
Am I the only one who finds iTunes useless as a means of listening to
music on a PC? I installed it on two machines running XP, and on both
it made continuous clicking and popping noises while playing. I have
since removed it from both and gone back to other programmes.

Me too. I also have the problem with Quicktime. I have installed
it and removed it (and different versions) several times, but it
always plays audio full of annoying clicks. I have given up on
Quicktime altogether. And I removed iTunes as well. I am using
Anapod Manager to talk to my iPod because it integrates seamlessly
into Windows Explorer. I can just drag-n-drop. I suppose if I
had grown up with the fruit computer, iTunes would seem intuitive.

Get rid of Quicktime and go for Quicktime Alternative - much better
performance, and no nasty little addins. Also use Real Alternative
instead of Realplayer. Neither has any adware.

Thanks for the Anapod Manager tip.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Don Pearce" wrote ...
Get rid of Quicktime and go for Quicktime Alternative - much better
performance, and no nasty little addins. Also use Real Alternative
instead of Realplayer. Neither has any adware.

Yeah, I use QAlt and RAlt when I must deal with those formats,
but I try to avoid those formats wherever possible.

Thanks for the Aapod Manager tip.

I like it a lot.

CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
iTunes and digital jukebox on Mac G5 Bob Boutwell Tech 15 June 5th 04 07:56 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM