Michael

Default Which Blank CD's?

O.k. folks - which blank CD's do you recommend for burning high quality
Music? I just finished the last of my Memorex CD-R and thought before I
buy more, I check with you on what's better. Memorex has been fine, but
maybe there is something better?

Thanks!

Carver1200 Carver1200 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
O.k. folks - which blank CD's do you recommend for burning high quality
Music? I just finished the last of my Memorex CD-R and thought before I
buy more, I check with you on what's better. Memorex has been fine, but
maybe there is something better?

Thanks!
You might want to check into the web site, digitalfaq.com. I'ts actually more about video and DVD's, but does have an interesting DVD media faq section.
They list the rankings of the blank media and the actual manufacturer. Memorex as well as others can change vendors at any time. Note the blank media at the bottom, listed as land fill material only.

"Michael" wrote in message

O.k. folks - which blank CD's do you recommend for burning high quality
Music? I just finished the last of my Memorex CD-R and thought before I
buy more, I check with you on what's better. Memorex has been fine, but
maybe there is something better?

In my experience, the most stable CDRs use a phthalocyanine dye. I avoid
the cyanine types, which can be identified by their light blue color. At
one time there was some buzz about azo dyes, which were supposed to last
hundreds of years. I've never tried one.

Norm Strong

GeoSynch

surf wrote:

At one time, Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden were considered the best.

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

GeoSynch

surf

surf wrote:

At one time, Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden were considered the best.

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth
considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

that's funny, Stynck. (sp?)

however, I don't believe there are any audiophiles here. We are
all scsaientiststs.

GeoSynch

surf wrote:

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

that's funny, Stynck. (sp?)

yeah, real funny, Tammy. (sp?)

however, I don't believe there are any audiophiles here. We are
all scsaientiststs.

Hmmm, you may be overdue for an inoculation against a certain
dreaded rao virus.

GeoSynch

surf

"GeoSynch" wrote ...
surf wrote:

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth
considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

that's funny, Stynck. (sp?)

yeah, real funny, Tammy. (sp?)

"Tammy"??? You have to borrow from an angry, unemployed bicycle repairman?
Come on, dewd..........

however, I don't believe there are any audiophiles here. We are
all scsaientiststs.

Hmmm, you may be overdue for an inoculation against a certain
dreaded rao virus.

My antivirus is up to date. Plus I just got back from bible study. I'm
kewl.

GeoSynch

surf wrote:

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth
considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

that's funny, Stynck. (sp?)

yeah, real funny, Tammy. (sp?)

"Tammy"??? You have to borrow from an angry, unemployed bicycle repairman?
Come on, dewd..........

Sorry, not much variation on the word "surf" other than the obvious, which
somehow
reminds me of trotsky, and you know what they say about sleeping dogs...

however, I don't believe there are any audiophiles here. We are
all scsaientiststs.

Hmmm, you may be overdue for an inoculation against a certain
dreaded rao virus.

My antivirus is up to date. Plus I just got back from bible study. I'm kewl.

Safely out of the "scsaientiststs" badlands and back into Audiophileville.

GeoSynch

AZ Nomad

surf wrote:

At one time, Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden were considered the best.

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

To hell with gold disks, I want platinum with a ring of diamonds on the hub.
*Everybody* knows that the more you spend on the digital data bits, the better
the data will sound.

Anybody want to buy some solid gold hard drive cables?
surf

"GeoSynch" wrote ...

.....back into Audiophileville.

Doubtful. It's just never been very high on my list. Music has
never been for me just sitting and listening. I will have a nice
home theatre tho. And I love concert DVDs. I just bought
the Cream Reunion concert today - more kewlness.

GeoSynch

surf wrote:

.....back into Audiophileville.

Doubtful. It's just never been very high on my list. Music has
never been for me just sitting and listening. I will have a nice
home theatre tho. And I love concert DVDs. I just bought
the Cream Reunion concert today - more kewlness.

I've seen the commercial for it on TV, and just the though of it
is sooooo depressing. Whenever I wanna hear any of that,
playing the "Cream of Clapton" CD is all the fix I need.

My favorite concert-type DVDs are these:
1. Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe
"An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
2. The Doors
"The Doors Are Open"

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

AZ Nomad makes with the funnies:

Being an audiophile, can there be anything other than this worth considering:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...?sku=AMFCDR50B

To hell with gold disks, I want platinum with a ring of diamonds on the hub.
*Everybody* knows that the more you spend on the digital data bits, the better
the data will sound.

Only if the digital-jitter correction clock is a jewel-encrusted Rolex.

Anybody want to buy some solid gold hard drive cables?

Better hang on to them - with the price of gold these days, they may turn out
to be the best investment you ever made.

GeoSynch

Lionel

GeoGag is losing is self-control :

that's funny, Stynck. (sp?)

yeah, real funny, Tammy. (sp?)

May I suggest you to respire slowly and calmly ?

however, I don't believe there are any audiophiles here. We are
all scsaientiststs.

Hmmm, you may be overdue for an inoculation against a certain
dreaded rao virus.

Do you feel tired and febrile ? ;-)
Lionel

Default In which Geogag metamorphose in a Lolita.

Yusuf Jesus in search of the Eden :

I've seen the commercial for it on TV, and just the though of it
is sooooo depressing.

"Sooooo depressing" ?????
Don't you think that there's at least 4 "o" of exageration ? :-)

BTW, could you please remember us your real age ?

GeoSynch

Default In which Pepe LePuke flitters hither and yon

Froggy shared:

BTW, could you please remember us your real age ?

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Signal wrote:

My favorite concert-type DVDs are these:
1. Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe
"An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
2. The Doors
"The Doors Are Open"

I've seen a bunch of music DVDs. Some favourites :

Depeche Mode 'One Night in Paris'
Shane MacGowan 'If I Should Fall from Grace'
The Fall 'Touch Sensitive'
Philip Glass Koyaanisqatsi/Powaqqatsi
Michael Gondry 'The Work of Director...'
Bob Marley & Wailers 'Live at the Rainbow'
Britney Spears 'Greatest Hits'

That's quite an eclectic list. Bob Marley followed by Britney Spears.

GeoSynch

surf

"GeoSynch" wrote...
surf wrote:

.....back into Audiophileville.

Doubtful. It's just never been very high on my list. Music has
never been for me just sitting and listening. I will have a nice
home theatre tho. And I love concert DVDs. I just bought
the Cream Reunion concert today - more kewlness.

I've seen the commercial for it on TV, and just the though of it
is sooooo depressing. Whenever I wanna hear any of that,
playing the "Cream of Clapton" CD is all the fix I need.

Why depressing? Clapton can play better than ever and
Bruce........ well........... and Baker lives in Boulder!
I didn't actually get a chance to watch a lot of it. What
I saw was good.

My favorite concert-type DVDs are these:
1. Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe
"An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
2. The Doors
"The Doors Are Open"

Haven't seen either. I saw Yes many times in the 70s. A couple
times in small, close venues. I'm waiting for a ZZ Top concert
video. They still rawk!

Lionel

Default Yusuf Jesus is a Lolita.

Yusuf Jesus wrote :

Froggy shared:

BTW, could you please remember us your real age ?

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.
GeoSynch

surf wrote:

Why depressing?

That commercial on TV. Oh man, they all look like a bunch
of superannuated old geezers, and with the obnoxious
voiceover announcer drowning out the music. Just too
much to bear.

Clapton can play better than ever and
Bruce........ well........... and Baker lives in Boulder!
I didn't actually get a chance to watch a lot of it. What
I saw was good.

It's a good thing these DVDs are so cheap, as compared to
laser discs which used to cost a small fortune. If you play it
twice, you'll have gotten your money's worth out of it.

My favorite concert-type DVDs are these:
1. Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe
"An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
2. The Doors
"The Doors Are Open"

Haven't seen either. I saw Yes many times in the 70s. A couple
times in small, close venues. I'm waiting for a ZZ Top concert
video. They still rawk!

They may be hard to find now. You gotta grab them when they
first hit the shelves, otherwise you might never see them again.

Two other music DVDs you ought to scoop up if you get the
chance are by Steely Dan: "Two Against Nature" and "Aja."
The sound is very good and the music is great on both of them.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Default Froggy is an Old Fart

Froggy gets more feeble and infirm by the minute:

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.

Nonsensical non sequitur noted.

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

Signal wrote:

My favorite concert-type DVDs are these:
1. Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe
"An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
2. The Doors
"The Doors Are Open"

I've seen a bunch of music DVDs. Some favourites :

Depeche Mode 'One Night in Paris'
Shane MacGowan 'If I Should Fall from Grace'
The Fall 'Touch Sensitive'
Philip Glass Koyaanisqatsi/Powaqqatsi
Michael Gondry 'The Work of Director...'
Bob Marley & Wailers 'Live at the Rainbow'
Britney Spears 'Greatest Hits'

That's quite an eclectic list. Bob Marley followed by Britney Spears.

Chosen based on quality of content rather than genre.

The Talking Heads DVD was a disappointment after the big build up. The
whole thing seemed contrived, sterile and boring. Yeah he wears a big
suit.

The last best thing they probably ever did was that funky little song titled
"Genius of Love" by Tom Tom Club.

They've got this cute whimsical site: http://www.tomtomclub.net/

GeoSynch

Lionel

GeoStink wrote :

Froggy gets more feeble and infirm by the minute:

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.

Nonsensical non sequitur noted.

It's the perfect illustration of you life, Geogag.
When you don't understand something you say that it has no signification and
you look in the holy books to prove that you are right.
Do you know that you're nearly no more a human being ?

MINe 109

In article ,
Signal wrote:

The Talking Heads DVD was a disappointment after the big build up. The
whole thing seemed contrived, sterile and boring. Yeah he wears a big
suit.

Sterile? The concert tour was funky.

Stephen
surf

"GeoSynch" wrote...
surf wrote:

Why depressing?

That commercial on TV. Oh man, they all look like a bunch
of superannuated old geezers, and with the obnoxious
voiceover announcer drowning out the music. Just too
much to bear.

Well Ginger Baker has got to be approaching 70. right?

Clapton can play better than ever and
Bruce........ well........... and Baker lives in Boulder!
I didn't actually get a chance to watch a lot of it. What
I saw was good.

It's a good thing these DVDs are so cheap, as compared to
laser discs which used to cost a small fortune. If you play it
twice, you'll have gotten your money's worth out of it.

I have watched quite a bit of it. Those guys can still make
music. They're impressive. Two of my sons (15 and 21)
make music and they watched the DVD with me. In fact
they put it on. They appreciate it. Ginger Baker did a
LONG drum solo that showed he definitely still has it.

Two other music DVDs you ought to scoop up if you get the
chance are by Steely Dan: "Two Against Nature" and "Aja."
The sound is very good and the music is great on both of them.

I'll put them all on my list. You're a good man. I don't care
what everyone else says!

Lionel

surf a écrit :
"GeoSynch" wrote...

surf wrote:

Why depressing?

That commercial on TV. Oh man, they all look like a bunch
of superannuated old geezers, and with the obnoxious
voiceover announcer drowning out the music. Just too
much to bear.

Well Ginger Baker has got to be approaching 70. right?

If you like Ginger Baker's personality you should listen to "going back
home" the CD he has done with Charlie Haden and Bill Frisell.
Certainly not a jazz chef d'oeuvre but a very good relationship, very
friendly.
GeoSynch

Froggy gets even more feeble and even more infirm by the minute:

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.

Nonsensical non sequitur noted.

It's the perfect illustration of you life, Geogag.
When you don't understand something you say that it has no signification and
you look in the holy books to prove that you are right.
Do you know that you're nearly no more a human being ?

You're losing it, loser, by making less and less sense with each passing post.
;-)

GeoSynch

Lionel

GeoSynch a écrit :
Froggy gets even more feeble and even more infirm by the minute:

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.

Nonsensical non sequitur noted.

It's the perfect illustration of you life, Geogag.
When you don't understand something you say that it has no signification and
you look in the holy books to prove that you are right.
Do you know that you're nearly no more a human being ?

You're losing it, loser, by making less and less sense with each passing post.
;-)

You're really acting like a Lolita. Do you also wear her underwears ?
surf

"Lionel" wrote ...

If you like Ginger Baker's personality you should listen to "going back
home" the CD he has done with Charlie Haden and Bill Frisell.
Certainly not a jazz chef d'oeuvre but a very good relationship, very
friendly.

I wouldn't call his work with Cream jazz. Is "Going Back Home"
a jazz work? How could I hear samples of this?

Robert Morein

om...

Robert Morein wrote:
After the dust settled, the clear ones appear to have the best archival
life.

The problem is, there are afew makers, and lots of sliding specs. I cannot
give you definitive advice. But I notice that when I buy them in bulk, some
are blemished, indicating inferior quality control. I've been buying Fuji at
Sams Club, and there have been no blemishes.

GeoSynch

Fifi the French poodle yapped:

Since you let on you're 42 years old, that makes you slightly
older than me. Too bad, old fart.

So I agree that's allow you to act like a lolita.

Nonsensical non sequitur noted.

It's the perfect illustration of you life, Geogag.
When you don't understand something you say that it has no signification and
you look in the holy books to prove that you are right.
Do you know that you're nearly no more a human being ?

You're losing it, loser, by making less and less sense with each passing
post. ;-)

You're really acting like a Lolita. Do you also wear her underwears ?

Not too long ago, you were going on and on and on about me being old,
and as it turns out you're older, so now you completely reverse course
and are trying to disparage me for being younger than you. If you weren't
the complete idiot that you are, you'd realize how foolish you look doing so.

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

GeoSynch

Lionel

GeoSynch a écrit :
[...]

Foolish why ? I already explained you that your moral and political
discourse sound like old European national socialist one. In one world
for a normal European guy you sound like an old judeo-catho-fascist.

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

Everything I can write will never be as outrageous as the opinion you
expose on this NG. Sure it must suck to be as scary than you are.

Lionel

Lionel a écrit :
GeoSynch a écrit :

[...]

discourse sound like old European national socialist one. In one word
for a normal European guy you sound like an old judeo-catho-fascist.

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore
outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

Everything I can write will never be as outrageous as the opinion you
expose on this NG. Sure it must suck to be as scary than you are.

GeoSynch

Froggy said ... nothing:

Responding to yourself with absolutely nothing to say?
How thoroughly appropriate! :-)

GeoSynch

Lionel a écrit :
GeoSynch a écrit :

[...]

sound like old European national socialist one. In one word for a normal
European guy you sound like an old judeo-catho-fascist.

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore
outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

Everything I can write will never be as outrageous as the opinion you expose
on this NG. Sure it must suck to be as scary than you are.

GeoSynch

Froggy slowly cooks in a vat of simmering water:

Not too long ago, you were going on and on and on about me being old,
and as it turns out you're older, so now you completely reverse course
and are trying to disparage me for being younger than you. If you weren't
the complete idiot that you are, you'd realize how foolish you look doing so.

Foolish why ? I already explained you that your moral and political discourse
sound like old European national socialist one. In one world for a normal
European guy you sound like an old judeo-catho-fascist.

Your sentiment, like Europe's in general, is akin to Nero.
The Europe of Western Civilization is dying and is slowly being overrun by a
swarm of Muslims, so fondly bid adieu to your beloved France while you
still recognize her.

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore
outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

Everything I can write will never be as outrageous as the opinion you expose
on this NG. Sure it must suck to be as scary than you are.

Your petty envy is doubly amusing given the novel ways you manage to garble
the English language. :-)

GeoSynch

Lionel

GeoStink tries to be cruel :

Froggy said ... nothing:

Responding to yourself with absolutely nothing to say?
How thoroughly appropriate! :-)

Just few spelling revision...
Lionel

GeoStink a écrit :

Froggy slowly cooks in a vat of simmering water:

Not too long ago, you were going on and on and on about me being old,
and as it turns out you're older, so now you completely reverse course
and are trying to disparage me for being younger than you. If you weren't
the complete idiot that you are, you'd realize how foolish you look doing so.

Foolish why ? I already explained you that your moral and political discourse
sound like old European national socialist one. In one world for a normal
European guy you sound like an old judeo-catho-fascist.

Your sentiment, like Europe's in general, is akin to Nero.
The Europe of Western Civilization is dying and is slowly being overrun by a
swarm of Muslims, so fondly bid adieu to your beloved France while you
still recognize her.

An other Hollywoodian historico-moronic drama from Geogag...
And I bet you are a valiant templar. :-)

But since you crave attention - any attention - you'll say evermore
outrageous
things to get that attention. It sure must suck to be you.

Everything I can write will never be as outrageous as the opinion you expose
on this NG. Sure it must suck to be as scary than you are.

Your petty envy is doubly amusing given the novel ways you manage to garble
the English language. :-)

You're living in the past Geogag. English doesn't exist anymore it just
remains the Internet Esperanto.
This has nothing to do with envy just a useful way to communicate.