Joey

Default M2057

I have 11 M2057 's I want to get rid of they are used but all test 90 -
95% we all know what they are worth so make a reasonable offer

Chris Hornbeck

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:05:40 -0400, Jon Yaeger
wrote:

I have 11 M2057 's I want to get rid of they are used but all test 90 -
95% we all know what they are worth

**** We do???

They *must* be valuable if nobody's ever heard of them. Stands
to reason.

Chris Hornbeck
"He thought so little they rewarded he,
By making him the ruler of the Queen's Navy".

They are some kind of sweep tube. i.e. a pain in the ass for audio work
or for RF.

Receiving and Special Purpose Tubes
(a) Before installation of new tubes, be sure the tubes supplied are
the exact type required by your equipment. Some linear amplifiers need
a particular brand or tube type in order to operate properly at full
power.
(b) Once installed in equipment, tubes are considered used. Thus,
cannot be returned for exchange. Damage to tubes from improper
application cannot be covered by warranty.
(c) TV Sweep tubes (6JE6, 6KD6, 6KG6, 6KV6, 6LF6, 6LQ6, 6LX6, 6MJ6,
20LF6, 30KD6, 8950, 8975, EL509, EL519, M2057, etc.) are not designed,
rated, or warranted by manufacturer for use in RF linear amplifier
service. Sweep tube Limited Warranty is 10 days except for breakage or
when damaged by operation outside the tube manufacturer's specified
settings. Therefore, care should be exercised to avoid premature
failure. It is wise to operate sweep tubes at lower power to improve
tube life. (As an example, 6JE6, 6KD6, 6KG6, 6LF6, 20LF6, 8950, etc.,
should be limited to 65w carrier per tube. Use of modulators or peak
enhancing methods will accelerate wear-out.) All sweep tubes are tested
prior to shipment.
(d) Tubes used in amateur transceivers: 6146B, 6146W, 6JS6C, 6JB6,
and 12BY7 carry a 90-day Limited Warranty against factory defects.
(e) "Receiving Tubes" carry a 90-day Limited Warranty.
(f) New tubes returned to RF Parts which are accepted for credit are
subject to a 15% restocking charge to cover tube testing and handling.

FWIW I had never heard of them either!

bubba

"Joey" wrote in message
. ..
I have 11 M2057 's I want to get rid of they are used but all test 90 -
95% we all know what they are worth so make a reasonable offer

not a lot of interest in this tube, but it is interesting to some folks who
are aware of it & its usage

you best bet is ebay, $1, no reserve

there you will get precise market value, as everyone in the world would pay
the big bucks for it, is there

asia and european buyers are paying the most for M2057 these days

also, there was more than one firm that built these, which are yours?

Joey

"Ned Carlson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:05:40 +0000, Jon Yaeger wrote:

If they're testing 90%, that means you've got maybe a half dozen good
CQ's to Turkmenistan before they croak. Changing the filament supply to
6 volts (OK, wire the filaments in series) and resocketing for
EL519 makes more sense.

--
Ned Carlson Triode Electronics Chicago,IL USA
www.triodeelectronics.com

check out http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/f...84/m/M2057.pdf
in the first sentence = designed primarily for RF power output, There speced
for 12 volts, so why would't they last? Had them in a 1500 watt 10 mtr.amp
for 8 years and only had to replace 3, 5 years ago. The amp is still running
@ 1350 rms, ssb. So what are you talking about ??

dwight-6810 dwight-6810 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I have 11 M2057 's I want to get rid of they are used but all test 90 -
95% we all know what they are worth so make a reasonable offer
I WILL GIVE YOU $175-$200 FOR THEM.
PROVIDING THEY WILL WORK IN MY MACO 750 INPLACE OF A 8950