Jim McDonald

Default RAT ?

Not in any danger, is it ...

Lots of clever people .. it'll roll on .... forever ..

Pinko, PA, PT, etc, etc ... will always snipe at each other from the bushes
and some of the insults are absolutely classic ..

Phil, in particular, can insult your colour, race, religion, sex and
politics in less than ten words .. I am a small brown thing, stuck on his
shoe ..according to his last post ...

BUT !! .. They are, all, clever people ..

Being clever gives you the right to be obnoxious, upstanding, agressive and
dismissive ..

Without them, RAT would disappear down the plughole discussing the best
bias setting for an, ex Ebay , American retro amp with EL84s

Anybody who takes any of this stuff, seriously , should be deleted from
Usenet ..

It plonks humour into a technogroup....

If I was that clever and somebody Emailed me for the best bias setting for
an ST70 ..... I would probably send Maurice round to give him a kicking
for wasting my time .....

If you know, .... nothing .... go read some books ..

If you want to get up there, with the big guys ... know your stuff, argue
the point and then start learning .. insults !!

cheers
jim

Patrick Turner

Jim McDonald wrote:

[...]

What torrid evening its been at r.a.t

Anyway Jim, the weather warming up a bit for you now?

Watch out for rather cold hungry looking Eccles types trying
to sail Royal Navy grand pianos to Ireland, after going north and a bit off
course
during last September's gales.

Eccles had trouble playing a tune while he was up near the arctic,
since lost penguins shat all over the keyboard,
and da piana leened too de starboard....

Patrick Turner.

Jim McDonald

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

Jim McDonald wrote:

[...]

PT, I am glad to see that you are retaining a sense of humour behind that
12x KT88 blast cage you have so .. WANTONLLY .... OUTRAGEOUSLY ...
displayed as a full frontal advert for Sydney Audio ....... mediate him,
somebody ... damn colonials .. they're trying to sell us faulty goods !!

Over on this side of the globe we have continuous rain and Brussel Sprouts
which all have to be 1.72 MHz in diameter, pass through the eye of a needle
and be able to produce a British Standard fart which can clear a crowded bar
in 10 seconds.

Nedward Seaworthy is reported to be still OK at 7degrees N 45 degreesW ...
the piano keyboard doubles as an Enigma decrypting machine and the opening
bars of 'Land of Hope and Glory ' taps him straight in to Doenitz's plans
for the Western Approaches, the Channel or the Back Passage ..

Gunther Slascher, in U104 , is reported to be nearby but with all trim tanks
blown , Nedward is ready for anything ...

We should be grateful that, thanks to Neddy, on patrol, eyes glued to the
periscope, Angela Bush has not yet, invaded Europe ..

A double backshot from the stern tubes dispatched the USS Gerry Springer and
they rapidly retreated back to the Hanna Barbara studios to see what went
wrong ...

The Irish have no experience of either submarines or pianos and have wisely
decided to remain neutral in all foreseeable conflicts

With over 1000 years of history .. the Irish have never declared war on
anybody and have contented themselves with hitting and killing each other ..
.... Not much more to be said, is there !!! .. In Belfast you can get shot
for wearing green shoes ..

The population of Ireland has always remained constant ... if it looks like
rising , they kill each other ..

cheers and best wishes
jim

Iain M Churches

"Jim McDonald" wrote in message

With over 1000 years of history .. the Irish have never declared war on
anybody and have contented themselves with hitting and killing each other
..
... Not much more to be said, is there !!! .. In Belfast you can get
shot
for wearing green shoes ..

The population of Ireland has always remained constant ... if it looks
like
rising , they kill each other ..

cheers and best wishes
jim

Don't underestimate the Paddies at all, at all.
The Irish Guards, one of the finest regiments in
the British Army were raised by Queen Victoria
herself, in 1901, "in recognition of the heroic service
given by Our Irish regiments in the recent Boer War"

They're a fearless lot, and no mistake!

The rumour that the Irish infantryman clears a minefield
while walking backwards is without foundation:-))

Iain

Patrick Turner

Iain M Churches wrote:

[...]

And walking backwards into battles with pants down caused terrible german
eye casualties.

Secondary injuries were sustained if they farted while progressing forward
backward.

And nobody was game to light up a smoke.

Patrick Turner.