Mike Mueller

Default Sparking KT-88

Hello All
I just had a KT-88 start sparking internally.
On the tube tester, It sparks and glows bright blue constantly when the
test button is depressed. No shorts.
Whats this mean?
Thanks
Mike m

Phil Allison

"Mike Mueller"

I just had a KT-88 start sparking internally.
On the tube tester, It sparks and glows bright blue constantly when the
test button is depressed. No shorts.
Whats this mean?

** The atmosphere has got back in.

.............. Phil

Mike Mueller

Thank you all.
The Getter never turned white. Still, loss of vacuum?
Mike M
Phil Allison

"Mike Mueller"

The Getter never turned white. Still, loss of vacuum?

** Not enough O2 inside just yet - wait for it.

............ Phil

Patrick Turner

Mike Mueller wrote:

Hello All
I just had a KT-88 start sparking internally.
On the tube tester, It sparks and glows bright blue constantly when the
test button is depressed. No shorts.
Whats this mean?

Time to buy a new one.
The tube is stuffed.
They do this blue death dance at the end of life.

Patrick Turner.

Thanks
Mike m

Raymond Koonce