Jeff Thompson

Default omega starter needs resetting

I bought an Omega car starting system, and the dealer I bought it from
went out of business. It is trying to start much longer than it should,
and I am afraid it could burn out my starter. I have heard that there
is a way to set it, and it requires a certain mode on the system, and
then starting it 5 times or so, of which it will take the average
starting time. I think a change in temperature, perhaps generally, such
as winter, offsets the starter.
I was wondering if anyone has any insight to this problem, or if you
could lead me to someone that might have the solution. If you could
email me direct, as my schedule is pretty chaotic, I would be much
obliged.
Thanks in advance!

Jeffrie Alan Thompson

sq4u sq4u is offline
Junior Member

Cool

jeff, howz it goin man......well, not too familiar with the auto starter from Omega but I do like thier window roll up module. Well, to get 2 yer question, i would try to dig up a manual. either A. you CAN adjust the starter timing on most auto starters......either with the remote that came with it, or, B. dip switches in the Unit itself. Seriously, try to find a manual before you accidentally set it to DIESEL mode or somethin......and maybe, on that omega, ya might be able to change how LONG the vehicle stays running for too???