Jim Gregory

Default Calrec Audio M series mixers: PQ1253-8 Mic/Line + Eq/Filter module. Mysterious Euroconn pins

I've already tried another newsgroup rec.audio.pro, without any reponse!

Am modifying a 19" nest unit containing 10 of these excellent modules
plugged into their motherboard (backplane), and running off +/-16.5V dc with
a Centre rail for Active component supplies and +5V dc for Logic
devices/LEDs.
Each channel module has two 32-pin Euroconns, most of whose functions I
understand, but I am at a loss regarding the following:

Upper Euroconn, dedicated to card B -
pins 23 and 22 (Line level i/p). How can this optional i/p pair be harnessed
by external switching?
pins 3 and 2. (Mic Hi/Lo select) Are pins 3 and 2 to be strapped? We need
max available i/p gain for dynamic mic use.
pin 1 (Line select). Should this be permanently tied to pin 8 of card A?

Lower Euroconn, dedicated to card A -
pin 8 (Logic). Are the channels all bussed together at this pole, and then
connected externally to some switch? If so, how?

Hope someone can help out.
Thanks
Jim

guillaume guillaume is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

Hi Jim,

i owned a PQ1253 and i am looking for the pinouts. You seem to know this.
I don't have it yet, maybe it is written inside on the pcb but i am preparing myself to not have it written...
I think it will be a great unit, i am keen of having it. I need to do the PSU, and mount it in a rack or something like this.
I really need those pinouts, hope you know

Bests
Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gregory