Glamdring

Default Clifford Intelliguard 700-IQ Manual (installer)? (alarm died during battery disconnect)

Anybody have installation manuals for the Intelliguard 700-IQ. My alarm
failed to come back on after the battery was disconnected. The dealer
that installed it no longer installs alarms and the dealership is
having trouble finding anybody who knows anything about the alarms. At
least a few years ago there weren't any Clifford dealers in town. They
weren't able to get through to Clifford, and in my past experience
Clifford support convinced me to never buy their products again. Manual
I have doesn't have troubleshooting information.

Any suggestions I can give to the dealer would be helpful.

Here's the problem and recent related service

Spark plugs replaced about 3 weeks ago, assume battery disconnected for
at least 1 hour - no problems
Battery replaced a week ago - no problem
Battery disconnected to replace plastic battery shield idiot mechanic
left sitting on top of the engine - no alarm

There is no response from the remote or the valet switch. From what I
gather they tried unplugging "the brain" and fuses within the passenger
compartment w/o luck. They thought there were some more fuses in the
engine compartment but I don't think they tried them.

Thanks

PS This is a separate problem, but any ideas why locking/unlocking the
car from the passenger door starts the car (has remote starter
obviously). Has been like this for years.
John Durbin

When was the last time you tried Clifford tech support? We have over a
dozen very experienced techs manning the tech support phones... quite a
bit more capability than the original company was sporting when we
acquired them.

800-876-0800, follow the phone prompts.

JD