Posted to rec.audio.pro
Riccardo Rubini Riccardo Rubini is offline

Default Nick Mason's snare sound

Ok... I know some people will shoot me for asking this... "It's the
musician, not the instrument!" - and I agree to some extent, but I need to
get a similiar sound and I am gonna try to ask about it anyway.

I would like to obtain a smiliar sound to Nick Mason's snare as featured on
Dark Side Of The Moon. Best to my knowledge, Mason was using a Ludwig snare
drum in his post 1970 endeavours, 16" in size.

I am using sampled sounds out of a 14" Ludwig Supraphonic snare drum. Are
there some frequencies you can recommend me to fiddle with to make the
output a little more similiar to Mason's? I came close, but it seems I still
miss something, expecially in terms of fullness.

Thanks.

Riccardo

Thoughts on the Modern Snare Sound Snowdog Pro Audio 12 December 18th 04 07:53 PM
nick drake/ john wood [email protected] Pro Audio 8 December 9th 04 11:02 PM
Bottom snare mic -- duct taping SM57 to snare stand? Thomas Bishop Pro Audio 1 November 16th 03 06:32 PM
snare sound Bill Lorentzen Pro Audio 16 September 1st 03 12:56 AM
snare mic Mark Spilberg Pro Audio 0 July 23rd 03 05:06 PM