Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Recommend a cassette "walkman" mic in recording please

Hi, I want a cassette "walkman" (doesn't have to be sony) with a mic in
recording please. In particular, I want it to have a mic in. I want to
use it with a headset that has a microphone. I would prefer it to be
black (basic, classic style, nothing overstylised, I want it to be
suitable for business-like usage), and I'd prefer it to have a red
recording button. As much as possible I'd prefer to do things with
buttons and don't want an LCD and menues. I want to be able to use it
without looking at it. If it has an FM tuner that would be a plus,
though not necessary. It should be inexpensive, either as new or on
ebay.

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Don Pearce wrote:

On 29 Mar 2006 12:44:27 -0800, wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

On 29 Mar 2006 10:41:56 -0800,
wrote:

Hi, I want a cassette "walkman" (doesn't have to be sony) with a mic in
recording please. In particular, I want it to have a mic in. I want to
use it with a headset that has a microphone. I would prefer it to be
black (basic, classic style, nothing overstylised, I want it to be
suitable for business-like usage), and I'd prefer it to have a red
recording button. As much as possible I'd prefer to do things with
buttons and don't want an LCD and menues. I want to be able to use it
without looking at it. If it has an FM tuner that would be a plus,
though not necessary. It should be inexpensive, either as new or on
ebay.

Any ideas?

You have described the Sony Walkman Pro pretty well exactly.

I'm having a hard time finding it. Can you suggest a model name?

Also, what do you (guys) think of this one?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6700201.htm
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...O&U=Templa te

Quality is no big concern for me, just ergonomics, simplicity, and
basic looks.

Probably good enough, if you aren't after too much. The Sony is as
good as just about any full size model, so probably overkill for you -
that is the full model name by the way.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

This Sanyo is incredibly ugly though.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

On 29 Mar 2006 12:44:27 -0800,
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

On 29 Mar 2006 10:41:56 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

There, I found the model I prefer

http://tinypic.com/so4m53.gif

It's a mono dictaphone.

Looks much better than the Sanyo for my needs.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

Don Pearce spake thus:

On 29 Mar 2006 12:44:27 -0800, wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

On 29 Mar 2006 10:41:56 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

Actually not; the model designation (I have mine here) is WM-D6C. (This
is the most popular model; there are others.)

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)