Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robbie Sinclair

Default How the *bleep* do I *bleep* that out?

I have some audio files where I need to bleep out some words.

I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest software package that is either
expressly intended for this purpose, or is an easy feature to learn in a
fuller-fledged application. It can be either Mac or PC-based, I have both.

Right now I am taking my audio file into iMovie and inserting a "bleep"
sound at the point I want to bleep, and then putting in Volume control
points on the main file to instantly reduce the volume to zero and raise it
back up to normal during the duration of the beep sound (otherwise you can
still hear the bleeped out words along with the bleep).

This seems like a lot of work to do a relatively simple thing.

I imagine the "pros" (especially those working for broadcast TV and radio
stations who do this live) have their finger on a key that just does this
quickly -- something like that would be great, if I could just listen to the
main audio and hit the space bar or something when I want a bleep inserted.
A perfect solution would allow me to do this using my own specified bleep
sound effect, rather than some sort of generic actual "bleeeep" sound.

As mentioned, freeware or shareware is preferred (willing to pay a nominal
fee), but any expensive commercial solutions aren't viable, as this is a
small/non-profit project.

Thanks,

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Robbie Sinclair" wrote ...
I have some audio files where I need to bleep out some words.

I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest software package that is
either
expressly intended for this purpose, or is an easy feature to learn in
fuller-fledged application. It can be either Mac or PC-based, I have
both.

Should be able to do that with any audio editing application
such as (free) Audacity, etc.