Joakim Wendel

Default BAF for B&W 801's?

Hello,
i just bought a pair of Matrix 801's series 3 speakers.
I drive them Bi-Amped with a sourround system (802's in
the back), i have a subwoofer B&W ASW675 but i have
read about a Bass alignment filter for the 801's that would eliminate my
need for a sub.(?)

Now where can i get a hold of these things?
I understand that there were several brands of Bass Alignment Filters
for the Matrix 801 series 3 speakers. On the net i found old info about
other brands filter - JPSLabs, Krell, North Creek and what have you?

I will greatly appreciate an answer! The 801's are such
wonderful speakers for a musician but i would love to
do without the sub for music!

My hopes are that someone 10 yrs ago bought several kinds of filter for
evaluation and now can consider parting from a pair!

Regards
Joakim Wendel

--
Joakim Wendel
Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

My homepage : http://violinist.nu
Kalman Rubinson

You might do a search for the circuit which, iirc, was not very
complex. I once considered making one. I believe that it appeared in
Stereophile many years back.

Kal

Goo Jun

I have one from the manufacturer, B&W, however it's for 220V only.

The filter extends the bass freq. response for sure, and not so
expensive - $200 max? - though I don't know where to find one.

BTW, in my case I think that the bass freq. response of 801's without
the BAF is good enough for me.

news