Default THE MARTYRDOM OF ST PINKO PILITES

THE MARTYRDOM OF ST PINKO PILITES

Tubes can be scientifically justified on a whole variety of
well-rehearsed electronic grounds, and on the general principal under
Occam's Razor of KISS. Tubes also have considerable justification in
the soft sciences, especially psychology. The interface between
psychology and realized electronics in the flesh very largely favours
tubes over transistors. That is why the luddites, who pretend to love
music when what they really love is the sound of their own voices
telling everyone that they are "qualified engineers" (1), try to
exclude psychoacoustics from the discussion.

All these arguments are too well known to list again. What is
interesting is that transistor fanatics now feel so threatened by tubes
that they see a need to go on religious crusades against the infidel,
complete with mottoes on their standards (Audio is engineering -
music is art). Pinkerton even discussed his present invasion of RAT on
UKRA as "carrying the war to the enemy". We, apparently, are "the
enemy".

We don't currently have any tube fanciers on RAT who are as
narrow-minded and boorish as Pinkerton; in fact most of the opinion
formers on RAT don't give a rat's arse whether a good-sounding amp
is made of melted sand in an evacuated glass envelope or of melted sand
in a transistor. Most of the mature people on RAT build and use both.

Pinkerton has Heard The Call. It doesn't matter to Pinko that The
Call is only the sound of the foghorn inside his head called
Pinkerton's Monstrous Ego. Pinkerton is the exact audio equivalent of
a Muslim terrorist bomber. He believes he has a right to destroy us in
the name of his God, whose name is Total Harmonic Distortion. We have
no rights before his God. If we resist all means, however unprincipled,
are justified if they aid our humiliation and destruction. (Notice from
the evidence that Pinko doesn't just want to "exterminate"
us-his word-but first to humiliate us for the greater
aggrandizement of his ego. Who wants to bet that Pinkerton tortured
small animals when he was younger?)

The Call sent Pinko on a mission to destroy our pleasures. Arguing
technicalities with such an incorrigible is like a Buddhist trying to
persuade a Victorian colonizer, which is what most missionaries are,
that he has right to his own Buddist beliefs. (Notice that in my KISS
threads when they started last year I simply ignored Pinkerton, and
waited for the poor inadequate to make a personal attack, which he was
bound to get wrong, and did get wrong, time and again, soiling himself
in public again and again.)

As I demonstrated a few paragraphs ago, most of you guys are neither
Christians nor Buddhists but agnostics and pragmatists. Above all you
are hedonists. You know what you like and you prefer it regardless of
what some monkey with a megaphone screeches.

We don't go to silicon newsgroups and start shouting that they are
wrong. We leave those poor misguided people to their illusions.

By contrast Pinkerton storms into RAT and demands that our women cover
up because he can't control himself, that we don't have sex except
in the missionary position and then only every other leap year because
that's *his* norm, that we wear trousers because our bulging
loincloths make him feel inferior, that instead of lounging about on
the beach seven a week we slave on the plantation six days a week and
waste the seventh day listening to his harangues in the church (which
he wants us to build for him), and so on. Then, to top all this
arrogance, the dumb **** Pinkerton is so ignorant of people that he
expects us to be grateful and sing his praises. (Don't believe me?
Check out the post by Pinkerton's traveling bovverboy Pearce in which
he talks of the "faith" of the tubies.)

If Pinkerton wants to be a martyr for his faith, we should help him
speedily achieve his dream. He may dream of being Simon Stylites
reading his Bible ascetically on his pole but history (2) will remember
him as Pinko Pilites sitting on a sharpened stick crooning dementedly
over the distortion meter on his lap weighing him down (3), blood and
**** running unnoticed down his legs.

Andre Jute

(1) One can easily spot the most useless engineers. Twenty and thirty
years after they left college they insist on telling everyone that they
have a diploma and that after years of switching on the lights over the
boards of more creative men they rose all the way to "senior
designer". Typically they have been pushed out of jobs as analog or
digital hardware engineers and now do "software engineering" which
is most often a euphemism for plugging together the computers of more
productive workers, or they have other jobs altogether and resent their
fall enough not to care that they expose their bitterness in public.

(2) Since it will me writing the history, you may be certain I am right
about that.

(3) No pain, no gain.

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On 21 Mar 2005 12:05:14 -0800, wrote:

Tubes can be scientifically justified on a whole variety of
well-rehearsed electronic grounds, and on the general principal

under
Occam's Razor of KISS.

Occam's Razor does however require a level playing field, and tubes
can be immediately discounted on this basis. Tubes most assuredly can
*not* be justified on any electronic grounds, whatever the deranged
brayings of this deluded wannabe graphic artist, paranoid
schizophrenic, and tired old hack, may claim.

This demented name-calling just proves my point, Pinko, that you are a
deranged fanatic. Do you actually have an argument or was I right in
the first instance simply to ignore your slack ass?

Tubes also have considerable justification in
the soft sciences, especially psychology. The interface between
psychology and realized electronics in the flesh very largely

favours
tubes over transistors. That is why the luddites, who pretend to

love
music when what they really love is the sound of their own voices
telling everyone that they are "qualified engineers" (1), try to
exclude psychoacoustics from the discussion.

No, engineers are happy to include psychoacoustics. As it happens,
that branch of science is entirely responsible for the existence of
MP3, a technology which specifically excludes tubes.

If engineers are happy to include psychoacoustics, what is this piece
of ****, these two pices of **** running down your leg after every post
sent from atop from your pointed stick:

"Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering"

All these arguments are too well known to list again. What is
interesting is that transistor fanatics now feel so threatened by

tubes
that they see a need to go on religious crusades against the

infidel,
complete with mottoes on their standards (Audio is engineering -
music is art). Pinkerton even discussed his present invasion of RAT

on
UKRA as "carrying the war to the enemy". We, apparently, are "the
enemy".

That is of course a flat lie, and Google will show no correlation of
my name and that phrase in this context.

See the thread Pinkerton Lie No 318 for proof from UKRA.

I deal in facts, I leave
religion to the acolytes of the evil god Set.

Evil, eh? Odd value judgement to make in the same breath as the pompous
statement, "I deal in facts."

BTW, although I do understand that you dwell in an alcoholic haze,
please note that my sig is the reverse of that which you claim, and
may be found at the end of all my posts: Music is art - audio is
engineering. It scans much better that way round, as one would have
hoped that a tired old hack such as yourself would have realised - or
did you deliberately pervert it for that reason?

More name calling, some of it illogical. How would you expect "a tired
old hack" to notice the scan? Actually, I did it on purpose to see if
you are awake when you commit this crap to the public record, and to
determine if you are proud of that sig--see right at the end.

We don't currently have any tube fanciers on RAT who are as
narrow-minded and boorish as Pinkerton;

Sure we do - you are a prime example.

I don't invade other people's houses until they first invade mine. Then
I make a thorough job of it to teach the scum, in this case one Stewart
Pinkerton, a failed engineer, a lesson he will not soon forget, if
necessary a terminal lesson.

in fact most of the opinion
formers on RAT don't give a rat's arse whether a good-sounding amp
is made of melted sand in an evacuated glass envelope or of melted

sand
in a transistor. Most of the mature people on RAT build and use

both.

However, one technology clearly works *much* better than the other.
I'm sure that we can agree on that point. :-)

Of course we agree that tube amps sound better. That is why you too
build tube amps. That is why you came to RAT to learn from me to build
a 300B. Careful now, Pinko, I can prove all of that from your own
words. The truth will you free or, if you're lying scum, hang you. You,
I fear, Poor Pinko, are for the gibbet.

But Pinkerton alone has Heard The Call. It doesn't matter to Pinko
that The Call is only the sound of the foghorn inside his head

called
Pinkerton's Monstrous Ego. Pinkerton is the exact audio equivalent

of
a Muslim terrorist bomber. He believes he has a right to destroy us

in
the name of his God, whose name is Total Harmonic Distortion.

I don't recall having used that particular argument. Perhaps you can
remind us with a *precise* quote?

This is like a war criminal claiming that he didn't commit a hundred
thousand murders because his mistress says he didn't kill her little
dog. Try again, Pinko.

I do however recall that *you* argued the case for 'zero NFB'
single-ended triode amps having less THD at low levels, so precisely
whose God are you trying to debunk?

There's the difference between you and me, Pinko. I'm in and out of
your church all the time, and every time your silver leaves with me.
And usually I find it to be badly plated iron, dross, not silver at
all. That's why I'm skeptical. You see, dickhead, I have an open mind,
just like you're supposed to have, since you brag about having an
engineering diploma. If you were educated at a decent college, they
would have taught you something of the principles of science. It never,
never, never proceeds with the mindless, bullying certainty you bring
to audio.

We have
no rights before his God. If we resist all means, however

unprincipled,
are justified if they aid our humiliation and destruction. (Notice

from
the evidence that Pinko doesn't just want to "exterminate"
us-his word-but first to humiliate us for the greater
aggrandizement of his ego. Who wants to bet that Pinkerton tortured
small animals when he was younger?)

I'm not the one who boasted of having put some black kid in front of

firing squad - or would you like us to forget that little slip?

Prove it. We've already publicly disgraced you as a racist and a
character assassin on that and related counts. Do you actually
understand that once you make accusations such as " put some black kid
in front of a firing squad" against me in public this becomes a game
played for permanent stakes, like your house and your future? You
should ask what happened to Frank Deutschmann. I wouldn't want you to
whine afterwards that I didn't warn you, as Deutschmann did, calling
people collect charges and crying on the phone.

The Call sent Pinko on a mission to destroy our pleasures. Arguing
technicalities with such an incorrigible is like a Buddhist trying

persuade a Victorian colonizer, which is what most missionaries are,
that he has right to his own Buddist beliefs. (Notice that in my

KISS
threads when they started last year I simply ignored Pinkerton, and
waited for the poor inadequate to make a personal attack, which he

was
bound to get wrong, and did get wrong, time and again, soiling

himself
in public again and again.)

Interesting (but entirely predictable) dislocation from reality. As
anyone who cares to review the *facts* of the matter will see, I
deconstructed the ludicrous assumptions on which the mythical KISS
amplifier was based, whereupon *you* created no less than four direct
personal attack threads.

Uh-uh. I brushed off your offer to be guru and when your turned nasty I
dug a couple of holes into which you dived face-first into, screeching,
"I'm guilty, I'm guilty!" This isn't the kindy debating society for
little wannabes, Pinko. You're a failure in real life and a joke in
virtual reality. I've done polemics for a living for forty years in
places where the loser gets a bullet in the back of the neck. Now some
little deskjohhny ****** called Pinkerton who thinks that because he
can operate a keyboard he is a debater wants to use me for a punchbag
because I'm the biggest thing he can see on the net.

The rest of your demented rant is snipped on grounds of basic
humanity. Get professional help, and do it now...............

Poor Pinko. A bit too close to the bone for you, is it? I thought you
were accusing me of being unable to take the heat. Here, let me give
the unbearable truth to you once more, dear old limp windbag:

[...]

I thought you wouldn't like that precise description of your motivation
and the current state of your life. You claim to know so much about me,
Pinkerton, but I wonder if you know what I was trained as, what made me
so good in advertising, what makes my novels ring so true. You should
think about it because if you are foolish enough to continue putting
your stinking carcass in my face, that training and talent will be a
continual migraine behind your eyes.

(2) Since it will me writing the history, you may be certain I am

right
about that.

(3) No pain, no gain.

This is a genuinely stupid sig, not for what it says so much as for
exposing your fear again and again and again with every blustering
letter, in fact particularly as such a contrast with your most
blustering letters. I do feel sorry for you, Pinko, though it won't
stop me doing what is necessary.

Till soon.

Andre Jute

Stewart Pinkerton

On 21 Mar 2005 16:52:30 -0800, wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

I deal in facts, I leave
religion to the acolytes of the evil god Set.

Evil, eh? Odd value judgement to make in the same breath as the pompous
statement, "I deal in facts."

Value judgement? I take it that you are unfamiliar with the Conan
stories. We already know that you have no sense of humour.

However, one technology clearly works *much* better than the other.
I'm sure that we can agree on that point. :-)

Of course we agree that tube amps sound better.

How inevitable that you would fall into that trap, and twist my
humourous comment into yet another lie.

That is why you too
build tube amps.

Past tense, I *used* to build tube amps, in the same way that people
*used* to ride in horse-drawn carriages.

That is why you came to RAT to learn from me to build
a 300B.

Indeed I did, but it rapidly became obvious that you had nothing to
offer, and that you were working from false premises. Of course, your
unbeliably over-inflated ego couldn't stand the criticism of your
delusions, so you immediately became the classic psycho stalker that
old RATters know so well.

Careful now, Pinko, I can prove all of that from your own
words.

No, you simply lie and distort, as befits a bitter old hack.

Pinkerton is the exact audio equivalent of
a Muslim terrorist bomber. He believes he has a right to destroy us in
the name of his God, whose name is Total Harmonic Distortion.

I don't recall having used that particular argument. Perhaps you can
remind us with a *precise* quote?

This is like a war criminal claiming that he didn't commit a hundred
thousand murders because his mistress says he didn't kill her little
dog. Try again, Pinko.

In other words, you cannot show that I have *ever* suggested that THD
is of critical importance when judging sound quality.

I do however recall that *you* argued the case for 'zero NFB'
single-ended triode amps having less THD at low levels, so precisely
whose God are you trying to debunk?

There's the difference between you and me, Pinko. I'm in and out of
your church all the time, and every time your silver leaves with me.

How unsurprising that stealing Church silver would come naturally to
you. Have you *ever* had an original thought?

I'm not the one who boasted of having put some black kid in front of a
firing squad - or would you like us to forget that little slip?

Prove it.

Ahhh, the classic answer of the guilty.

We've already publicly disgraced you as a racist and a
character assassin on that and related counts.

No, you have simply posted a multitude of personal attack threads -
not the same thing to any rational person, but who knows what goes on
in that festering open sore you call a brain?

From: Andre Jute )
Subject: The organ grinder and his monkey
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: 2004-11-26 15:26:05 PST

"Sander de Waal wrote:

Andre Jute said:

We want Arny! Accept no substitutes! Return the monkey for a refund!
Bring us Arny! We want Arny!

Confucius say: "be very careful in your wishings, for you may
exactly get what you ask for".

Yeah, I've always been lucky that way. And a fellow I never knew
wished me well told me when I stood him up before a firing squad, "May
you live in intersting times."

I made the presumption that the 'fellow' would be young and black,
since you were in Africa at the time, but that hardly alters the
basics, now does it? BTW, are you so ignorant that you did not realise
that he was *not* wishing you well, his expression being a classic
Chinese curse?

Fat, ugly and stupid is no way to go through life, but you seem
determined to compound the felony with demented paranoid ravings on
what used to be a pretty friendly newsgroup. Get help, do it NOW!

Andy Evans

Sometimes when a father has an ugly, loutish son, the
love he bears him so blindfolds his eyes that he does not see his
defects, or, rather, takes them for gifts and charms of mind and body,
and talks of them to his friends as wit and grace. I, however- for
though I pass for the father, I am but the stepfather to "Don
Quixote"- have no desire to go with the current of custom, or to
implore thee, dearest reader, almost with tears in my eyes, as
others do, to pardon or excuse the defects thou wilt perceive in
this child of mine