Tony F

Default Avital Alarms

I'm looking at the Avital Hurricane 2, it seems to do pretty much everything
I want. However, I see on eBay where I can buy a new one for $30. I
realize DEI makes some good alarms, but can I expect any sort of decent
operation out of a $30 alarm?

Thanks,

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

FasDeth

"Tony F" wrote in message
Oh come on! Anyone??

Tony

Nope not me... The last one I got was a Crimestopper. And I am pretty
disatisfied with to say the least. Very short range, ( maybe due to
install ) Sometimes it doesn't auto arm..Just little things.. Had a Viper
about ten years ago and loved it..
-FasDeth

John Durbin

Tony,

That's a really old unit made prior to Directed's acquiring
Clifford/Avital. Years ago in other words, caveat emptor...

JD

Tony F wrote:

I'm looking at the Avital Hurricane 2, it seems to do pretty much everything
I want. However, I see on eBay where I can buy a new one for $30. I
realize DEI makes some good alarms, but can I expect any sort of decent
operation out of a $30 alarm?

Thanks,

Tony

Alarms -- which one to get? Shane Perkins Car Audio 2 February 5th 05 07:04 AM
FS: Avital Avistart 4500 car alarm with remote engine start ( new ) XtrmeAudio Car Audio 0 February 1st 05 02:00 AM
Car Alarms Auscultans Car Audio 0 September 7th 04 03:02 AM
Where to buy clifford alarms online? Travis Car Audio 0 October 19th 03 06:05 AM
car alarms? John Durbin Car Audio 7 August 20th 03 02:44 PM