Default 0dBu (<75 Ohms) output to 0dBV (10K Ohms) input?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to electronics, so I hope the group
won't be offended by a very basic question! I'm thinking of buying an
AER AS 281 powered speaker to use as a full range foldback monitor with
my Allen and Heath ICON DP1000 mixer. The A&H balanced foldback output
is 0dBu (75 Ohms), and the AER balanced input is 0dBV (10K Ohms). As
a practical matter, will the speaker properly accept the signal as is;
or, do I need some device (like a transformer?) connected between the
two? If I need something in between, what do you recommend?

Thanks!

Mike Cloud

Richard Crowley

superiorcourt wrote ...
I'm a complete novice when it comes to electronics, so I
hope the group won't be offended by a very basic question!
I'm thinking of buying an AER AS 281 powered speaker to
use as a full range foldback monitor with my Allen and Heath
ICON DP1000 mixer. The A&H balanced foldback output
is 0dBu (75 Ohms), and the AER balanced input is 0dBV
(10K Ohms). As a practical matter, will the speaker properly
accept the signal as is;

Yes.

In modern audio equipment, the source impedance (~75-ohms in
your case) is usually quite low and input impedance (10K-ohms)
is rather high for several reasons which is beyone the scope of
your immediate question.

And 0dBu is close enough to 0dBV that it is very comfortably
within the adjustment range of your equipment.

I would not anticipate any problems with the combo.