Posted to rec.audio.car
JBDragon JBDragon is offline

Default New Stereo system for my truck

I have a 2003 Silverado Extended Cab. Looking to replace my Stock 1 CD
player Radio.

Right now I have a 10" Sub Box, Not Ported, that fits under the rear seat on
one side. The speaker will be pointed down. I also plan to get the new JVC
KW-NT50HDT Navigation unit. There's a number of things I like about this
unit. I just replaced the front and rear door speakers with a set of POLK
speakers a couple months ago. I want my new system to be louder, but still
sound great, with some nice base. I don't need it to rattle my truck apart
or be herd 5 blocks away. Keeping that all in mind, here are some of my
questions.

#1. What would be a good 10" Sub Speaker to use?!?!
#2. Amps. Would a single 5 channel Amp work just fine, or a 4 channel Amp
for my speakers and a Mono or 2 channel Amp for the Sub?!?!?!
#3. I have the GMRC-01 Interface which allows me to plug into the Radio
Wiring harness to keep my warning chimes and RAP feature. So basically it's
a speaker, some electronics, and wires which I would connect to the Radio
for the Speakers their, but going with Amps, I would assume I'd be using RCA
Cables from the new Radio to the Amp, and then wires from the Amp to the new
Adapter which then goes to all the stock speaker wires, or so I have to run
new wires directly to all the speakers in the door?!?!

I can do wiring, it's the whole what works best for a Aftermarket Radio
system sound wise. I know I'll have to run power directly from the Battery
to the Amp, and I'm going to assume I'll need a Capacitor also. I want
to get the best bang for the buck.

Fieveeldeta Fieveeldeta is offline
Banned

Location: USA
Send a message via ICQ to Fieveeldeta

Nice people on the forum!! Any of you guys live pretty near Las Vegas and want house keeping then look me up. Thanks!
chatreed chatreed is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieveeldeta View Post
Nice people on the forum!! Any of you guys live pretty near Las Vegas and want house keeping then look me up. Thanks!
haha,I hope to live in Las Vegas