Ronald

Default Beatitude

Always said silicon is bad for you

I don't have plans for big boobies ;-)))

BTW Ilike your part count comparison with the gainclown .

Ronald .

Greg Pierce

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:46:59 +0200, the highly esteemed Andre "Killer Bee"
Jute enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Moved from thread "Zero grace"

My God, Al, you must be a saint of patience still to be on RAT now
that it has been so barren of thought for so long. (Yeah, I read a few
other threads. Pitiful. There wasnt much point in reading more than a
handful of the 280 abusive messages: they were the usual repetitive,
unimaginative drivel of trailer park trash handicapped by inadequate
parents and teachers it is a sad reflection on their quality that Allison
has more invention than this bunch of losers a correspondent who fancies
a little blood on the carpet kindly counted for me and Google confirmed
his count.)

I went back to a GZ34 rectifier for my latest amp, after years using
mostly CV378. Its overkill for the amp I have it in, a one-third watt
417A, but the sound is right and it fits under the hood. So juvenile to
have a lot of glassware and iron sitting exposed on polished stainless
or ali IST (at end of DAC), stepped attenuator (doubling as grid leak),
battery biased 417A, OPT. Five components per channel in the signal line
and up the Gaincard/Gainclone guys with their plethora of partsI have
fewer parts in both channels than they have in one.

I recently built a new pair of small horns, Lowther Fidelio size and
type too, with a resonance-killing back channel, for a pair of long
run-in PM6A on which the Ennemoser Lack has just settled in nicely after
several years.

A very civilized sound should result when I put this lot together, I
hope by the end of next week. The new amp is a bit bigger than I hoped,
at 17x10x4 inches (the power supply is tube rectified LCLC and its poly
caps and iron are big) Im trying to simplify my surroundings and have
ordered an iMac with an LCD screen on a swiveling arm to replace my
present G4/21in graphic design screen setup, mainly so I can hear my new
horns past my screen when the stats go back to earphone duty, stacked
either side of my writing chair. The amp and speakers and computer will
all be gloss white with gold Cardas socketry and a volume knob either
anodized in my house maroon or maybe for the correct heft Ill have a
chromed solid stainless knob gold-plated to match the socketry I was
spoiled by Bentley and Volvo (which used to buy their switching the same
place as Bentley) into liking controls with weight and precision I spend
a 100 times more time with my music than Ive ever spent in a car, s
o I may as well take care of the details. Ive ordered glass tables for
the computer and the CD and amp, so it should look elegantly
co-ordinated. If the amp disappoints, Ill paint an ultra-silent HCHV
3.8W 300B amp with 5K6 outputs white and use that instead. I know the
speakers wont disappoint: I built another pair exactly like these a few
years ago, and they sound great with my other amps but you never know
about the synergy between amp and speakers until you suck it. For that
matter, Ive built a 417A before too, but to a different design.

So, is this going to be a "Real McCoy" vaporware amp as well?

Meanwhile Im playing a 675 Gaincard type, built by MiniAndre, my pet
chimp. Pain in the arse picking the solder he sprayed everywhere out of
the carpet, and a bit expensive in ruined opamps until his toes got the
hang of the pins and touching the radiator before touching the silicon
(all that hair attracts more static than my ESL63sits a life-threatening
sport attaching an anti-static wristband to a chimp rescued from a
laboratory), but in my never-humble and practically always correct
opinion the result is a better amp than any built by the eejits who
instead spend their time abusing me.

Greetings from both of us, and our cat, which again enters my workroom
now that the spray of hot solder has stopped. No doubt the chimp will go
into hiding and leave me face the music alone when Our Lady sees the
damage one can do with a single small silicon amp. I may have to come
stay in Arizona for a bit until the decorators leave and matters cool
down.

If you come to Arizona, look me up. We'll grab some dinner, and then go
carousing at all the hot spots and maybe get you a lady for the evening.
See, I really am a nice guy :-D

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

RdM

Andre Jute as "Anonymous " wrote:
in rec.audio.tubes29b8c57881bdab23a92b97c28d2b20d6@p aranoici.org,

re "280 abusive messages".

: a correspondent who fancies a little blood on the carpet kindly
: counted for me and Google confirmed his count.

Then you'll have no trouble supplying the reference that proves it.
This should be very interesting. You've made the claim. Back it up.

Cites, please!

Proof that there were 280 messages mentioning your name then.
Evidence supporting the "abusive" claim is also requested.

Breaking that down into "vituperative, denigratory, abusive, vicious,
slanderous, lying, or just simply nasty", is optional. Consider your own.

What sort of group do you want? Why not take your own advice?

Ross Matheson
Tim Williams

"RdM" wrote in message

Ross,

Please do not feed the trolls.

Thank you.

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson