JMo2864946

Default processing vocals

For hip hop style vox around here I don't do too much compression, but I find
the plug in L2 from waves a great help in making the vox pop. Don't be afraid
to double and triple track either, and pay attention to key words and phrases
in the lyrics for added zip.
Best of luck
Jer
SUNdog Audio
Chicago
Shawn

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec. audio.pro

"Jan Saalbach" wrote in message ...
hi all,
I have a small computer based homestudio which I use mainly to record
instrumentals. Sometimes also to record a female vocalist but as far as
vocals are concerned that is it. Now I have a project where she, the female
singer, brought a guy along that is supposed to rap an o track. I did a
little resarch, meaning I listened to some rap albums closely, namely Kanye
West - College Dropout and some others. Now, what I realised is that on
these records the vocals sound very dry. Not much reverb, but they are all
extemely present. Logical, but how is it done? Up to now I always used only
used a bit of compression and some reverb on the female singers vocals. Now
how should I start dealing with these rap vocals? Distance to the mic,
compress the hell out of it(I think those examples I listened to are all
very "tight"), special tricks you woul like to share...?
thanks.
Jan