Lost

Default Neundo2 & Presonus Firestation (latency issue)

Hi, guys!

I used to have Cubase VST hooked up with Firestation. With little bit
of tweaking here and there, I could get latency to 10-14ms without any
problems. Now I switched to Nuendo2 and my settings had to be changed
in order for audio to play nice with latency around 40ms. When I
change the settings to lowest posssible (that gave me 10ms with Cubase
VST), I get latency of 6ms in Nuendo2 but I hear clicks, pops and
noises till I change the settings so the latency gets to 40ms.

Is there any way how to get latency down to 10ms without any noises?

My PC:

P3 1GHz
RAM: 512MB
MB: ASUS TUSL-2
HDD: IBM (PATA0 40gig for OS and progs, 160GB Maxtor (PATA) for data
VGA: Matrox G450

Thanks
Rick Naqvi

Hi,

We are expecting a new PC mLAN driver and firmware update for the
Firestation by the end of this week. (We just got the Mac Panther
update a few days ago and it is currently downloadable from our site
as well.)

You can call Scott or Butch in our tech support at 800-750-0323 and
they might be able to give you some suggestions in the meantime to
help with latency. Scott is an avid Nuendo2 user and may have a few
things for you to try even before the update is available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rick Naqvi
800.750.0323

Rick Naqvi

The new Windows mLAN-B firmware/software update is now available from
Yamaha's site: www.mlancentral.com

If you have any questions getting it set up, give us a call. I have
recently upgraded my G4 Powerbook to the Apple version of the driver
and it's running great. I recorded live with it Saturday night and my
CPU Usage was under 5%. Hope this is helpful to you.

Kindest Regards,
Rick Naqvi
800.750.0323

Rick Naqvi

I just checked the www.mlancentral.com site and although the new XP
driver has been recently been posted, the firmware update still hasn't
made it up there yet. Sorry for the confusion.

However, we have been testing a beta version of it and got it running
nicely on Friday with two Firestations together on XP.

I am told that the firmware should be available by the end of the
week.

Regards,

Rick Naqvi
800.750.0323