Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve Steve is offline

Default Can we kill the spammers?

Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

Steve
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Steve wrote:

Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

Just been thinking the same.

Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.

But then YOU wouldn't be able to post here either !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 17, 7:20 am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

There's nothing you can do other than scroll through them. You don't
need to read them in order to tell that they're spam, do you?

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:34:19 -0700 (PDT), Mike Rivers
wrote:

On Mar 17, 7:20 am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

There's nothing you can do other than scroll through them. You don't
need to read them in order to tell that they're spam, do you?

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.

I have made sure that keywords like trainers, handbag and Rolex are in
my kill filter; that way I see very little of it.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 17, 7:32 am, Eeyore
wrote:

Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.

Bye! I post through Google Groups for convenience. And while not
everybody loves me, I don't spam. You really don't have to go very far
out of your way to avoid spam. It's like swatting flies.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 17, 7:42 am, (Don Pearce) wrote:

I have made sure that keywords like trainers, handbag and Rolex are in
my kill filter; that way I see very little of it.

Have you seen those cute bass, guitar, and vocal trainers that TASCAM
makes? They can provide all sorts of educational manipulations on the
tunes stored on them, and they're small enough to fit in a pocket or
handbag, and cost less than a Rolex.

Get it?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion is offline

On Mar 17, 7:46*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:32 am, Eeyore
wrote:

Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.

Bye! *I post through Google Groups for convenience. And while not
everybody loves me, I don't spam. You really don't have to go very far
out of your way to avoid spam. It's like swatting flies.

It would be nice if Google could figure out a filter for
these robo posts.
They just change the account email and continue
when you report them to the abuse link.
Too bad you can't link them to each others email
so they spam each other to a stand still (-:}=
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

wrote:

On Mar 17, 7:20 am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

There's nothing you can do other than scroll through them. You don't
need to read them in order to tell that they're spam, do you?

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.

I have made sure that keywords like trainers, handbag and Rolex are in
my kill filter; that way I see very little of it.

Add republican, democrat, terrorist and 9/11 and you might be on to
something :-) Oh yeah, and while you're at it add the phrase "under
$100" too!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

I'm not really seeing any spam per se, just a bunch of stupid crossposted
political garbage. If you get off of Google and onto a regular newsreader
you can set a killfile up to dump anything that is crossposted (ie. anything
with a comma in the Newsgroups: line).
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:20 am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

There's nothing you can do other than scroll through them. You don't
need to read them in order to tell that they're spam, do you?

Are you seeing something I'm not seeing?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Mike Rivers" wrote ...
(Don Pearce) wrote:
I have made sure that keywords like trainers, handbag and
Rolex are in my kill filter; that way I see very little of it.

Have you seen those cute bass, guitar, and vocal trainers
that TASCAM makes? They can provide all sorts of educational
manipulations on the tunes stored on them, and they're small
enough to fit in a pocket or handbag, and cost less than a Rolex.

I'm willing to live with filtering out false positives like that. YMMV

OTOH, it is so easy to spot the spam without even reading
every word of the subject line, dunno why people seem so
troubled about it? Do people screech to a stop every time
they see a piece of trash along the road? Sheesh!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:46=A0am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:32 am, Eeyore
wrote:

Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.

Bye! =A0I post through Google Groups for convenience. And while not
everybody loves me, I don't spam. You really don't have to go very far
out of your way to avoid spam. It's like swatting flies.

It would be nice if Google could figure out a filter for
these robo posts.
They just change the account email and continue
when you report them to the abuse link.
Too bad you can't link them to each others email
so they spam each other to a stand still (-:}=3D

Everybody else has a filter for them, apparently. Look for a news
provider that runs "cleanfeed" and you may find all of the trash goes
away. I am clearly not seeing any of this rolex or handbag spam.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.

Bye! =A0I post through Google Groups for convenience. And while not
everybody loves me, I don't spam. You really don't have to go very far
out of your way to avoid spam. It's like swatting flies.

It would be nice if Google could figure out a filter for
these robo posts.
They just change the account email and continue
when you report them to the abuse link.
Too bad you can't link them to each others email
so they spam each other to a stand still (-:}=3D

Everybody else has a filter for them, apparently. *Look for a news
provider that runs "cleanfeed" and you may find all of the trash goes
away. *I am clearly not seeing any of this rolex or handbag spam.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."- Hide quoted text -

It must be the cleanfeed thing working for you,
most of the merch is posted to single newsgroups.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion wrote:

It must be the cleanfeed thing working for you,
most of the merch is posted to single newsgroups.

One of the things that Cleanfeed does is that it looks for identical
messages posted to multiple newsgroups. If the same message is multiposted
more than 20 times (ie. has a "Breidbart Index of greater than 20"), it
is discarded.

As far as I know, most Usenet sites these days run it. It puts more load
on an incoming news server, but it takes a lot of load off the outgoing one.

Google does not, but Google really provides horrible Usenet service and even
worse customer support.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Steve" wrote ...
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent
torrent of spams before it becomes totally impossible to
find on topic posts?

It is nearly impossible to find on topic posts even in the
absence of spam if you are struggling with a lousy web-
based peep-hole into Usenet such as the terrible Google
Groups website.

They've recently demonstrated something I didn't think
was possible, their Usenet UI has actually gotten *worse*
in the last several months. It looks like it was designed by
someone who's never heard of the concept of "threading".

It is easy and cheap enough to use a real NNTP server
and newsreader client that there is no good excuse to
continue to struggle with Google. And certainly doesn't
make complaints about it very credible.

I've seen a couple of episodes of the TV documentary
"Download: The True Story of the Internet" including
the one on search engine companies last week. As
the author John Heileman says about Google (IIRC)
"Every company eventually stumbles no matter how
high they're flying" I just hope we're not already seeing
signs of Google losing their way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion wrote:
It must be the cleanfeed thing working for you,
most of the merch is posted to single newsgroups.

One of the things that Cleanfeed does is that it looks
for identical messages posted to multiple newsgroups.
If the same message is multiposted more than 20 times
(ie. has a "Breidbart Index of greater than 20"), it is
discarded.

As far as I know, most Usenet sites these days run it.
It puts more load on an incoming news server, but it
takes a lot of load off the outgoing one.

Apparently individual.net (the university-operated
NNTP service in Berlin) uses it, but Supernews, the
big commercial operation here in the US does not. :-(
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb Richard Webb is offline

To: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Min
Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Min wrote:
Was considering asking my news provider to block googlegroups posts.
Bye! I post through Google Groups for convenience. And while not
everybody loves me, I don't spam. You really don't have to go very far
out of your way to avoid spam. It's like swatting flies.

It would be nice if Google could figure out a filter for
these robo posts.
They just change the account email and continue
when you report them to the abuse link.
Too bad you can't link them to each others email
so they spam each other to a stand still (-:

WOUld be nice. This linkage I have with the newsgroup has a rather good
filtration. Since I've been using it for this group I haven't seen one of the
chinese shoe merchants' posts.

YOu see one, the filter clamps down on it, then no more.

the flame wars are sometimes as bad as the spam, but both are products of
internet for the unwashed masses. tHanks to aol then google we have every idiot
clicking away and no clue about netiquette or anything else. Just like modern
ham radio. LET's dumb it down and let all the idiots in!!!

I think the reason some complain is that when trying to use na offline reader
and automation they get to spend time downloading to find nothing but spam when
they go to read the groups they like. scott and others have it right though.
DUmp google! Get a real nntp feed and use a real newsreader.

Regards,
Richard
USe elspider at bellsouth.net to email.

.... A good captain is hoisting his first drink in a bar when the storm hits.
--- timEd 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: Radio REscue net operations BBS (1:116/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.85
* Derby City Online - Louisville, KY - telnet://derbycitybbs.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

On 17 Mar 2008, "Richard Crowley" wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I'm willing to live with filtering out false positives like that.
YMMV

Me, too. I don't feel obligated to read everything, anyway, so if I
miss a few legitimate posts while killing hundreds of spams, so be it.

OTOH, it is so easy to spot the spam without even reading
every word of the subject line, dunno why people seem so
troubled about it?

I often like to start at one end of the newly downloaded posts and read
through. I don't necessarily know a junk post is coming until I've
already opened it.

I also don't like junk postal or e- mail or phone calls and I'll do
whatever I can to make them stop.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Vuotto Frank Vuotto is offline

It seems to me that google has already lost it's way. It use to be
that the top matches had content but now the top matches are other,
commercial, search engines.

It amazes me that there is still money to be made in spam.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:38:35 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

I've seen a couple of episodes of the TV documentary
"Download: The True Story of the Internet" including
the one on search engine companies last week. As
the author John Heileman says about Google (IIRC)
"Every company eventually stumbles no matter how
high they're flying" I just hope we're not already seeing
signs of Google losing their way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

wrote:

On Mar 17, 7:20 am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?
There's nothing you can do other than scroll through them. You don't
need to read them in order to tell that they're spam, do you?

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.

I have made sure that keywords like trainers, handbag and Rolex are in
my kill filter; that way I see very little of it.

Add republican, democrat, terrorist and 9/11 and you might be on to
something :-) Oh yeah, and while you're at it add the phrase "under
$100" too!

Yeah, they all go in as they come along. My ISP used to filter out
just about everything I would regard as spam, but they changed to an
external feed and now all the crap flies in.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Frank Vuotto" wrote ...
It amazes me that there is still money to be made in spam.

I guess you can still make a profit since it is dirt-cheap
to "advertise".

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Absence Absence is offline

Can posting to the group be limited to members only. I have a message
board that I've done that with, but I've never run a usenet group.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Mar 17, 7:21*pm, Absence wrote:
Can posting to the group be limited to members only. *I have a message
board that I've done that with, but I've never run a usenet group.

It becomes a moderated group then.

Google is making money from that spam posting too. Every time someone
goes out and searches a key word that leads to a sight using google
words, they make money. They won't filter anything.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Absence" wrote ...
Can posting to the group be limited to members only. I have a message
board that I've done that with, but I've never run a usenet group.

No. This is a Usenet newsgroup. Nobody "runs" it,
certainly not Google.

Usenet is a peer-to-peer network of thousands of NNTP
servers around the globe. Google is just one of these thousands
of peer servers. Most of us do NOT read this newsgroup
on Google.

Starting a moderated Usenet newsgroup is a very substantial
project, expecially considering the amount of traffic in this
newsgroup. Nobody in their right mind would want to take
on a task like that for free.

The last moderated newsgroup I've seen started in recent times
is news:rec.radio.amateur.moderated They have sophisticated
robot moderation systems and teams of human moderators.
I was recently invited to serve on the "Appeals Board" for users
who have a beef with the moderation. Who on earth needs that
kind of intrigue? Don't people have real lives?

Ignore the trash and get on with your life.

PS: If you want to actually filter out the trash get a real news-
reader. What you see on that Google website is a very lousy
peephole into what real Usenet newsgroups are. Note that
more of us are starting to filter out messages from Google
precisely because of the spam. Take a hint.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Absence wrote:
Can posting to the group be limited to members only. I have a message
board that I've done that with, but I've never run a usenet group.

No. There are 70,000 news servers in the world. Anybody posting a message
to any one of them has that message propagate to all of them within a few
days. There's no way to control all of them. That's what makes Usenet
great.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Mar 17, 8:10*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Absence" wrote ...

[...]

Then where does all this information set at rest? Doesn't it *have* to
sit somewhere?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Danny T wrote:

Then where does all this information set at rest? Doesn't it *have* to
sit somewhere?

70,000 different copies of it sit on servers all over the world.

Used to be, most of them talked to one another over dialup uucp service...
your server would call the guys upstream every few hours, send news up
and pull news down. Then someone downstream of you would call you up
and poll you.

Now most sites are internet connected, although there are still sites
polling one another over Telebit Trailblazer modems and even via hand-carried
tapes in India.

But each server has every message... and each server expires messages a
little differently, and has different policies on spam cleaning. Which
is why we have message-ids... the message numbers on different servers
aren't the same and they might not even be in the same order.

The first Usenet server I ran had a 10 Mb disk pack for the news spool
and we had to expire messages after about a week because of the limited
disk space. Now I see single posts to binary groups that are larger than
that.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Mar 17, 8:54*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Danny T wrote:

[...]

See - you've just boggled the mind even further. I could never figure
why companies give so much away - band width, free websites, email, IM
and so on. I guess that goes to show you that we're all built
different. I can do a lot of technical stuff but would never even want
to think about doing that kind of work.

Thanks for the the newsgroup 101 class :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Andy Eng Andy Eng is offline

Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

I think so...

I read RAP along with several other groups through Google - It's
simply easier in my situation.

On another group that was being swamped with OT rubbish from all sorts
of different sources, started reporting offending messages (More
Options - Report this message). It took about three weeks of semi-
irregularly steady reporting but then suddenly, alot of the junk quit
showing up!!! It may have taken a couple tweaks but the reception
actually got alot better.

I personally reported about 3-5 offending messages twice a week or
such, typically during a long print job. Every so often, I'd include
a note to who ever (or whatever?) may have been on the other end what
a great group it was back when. There are some groups that can't even
save themselves sometimes. I've gotten alot out of RAP and will
gladly help pitch in here if it'll help.

Andy
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce wrote:

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at rec.audio.pro through the eyes of
Verizon rather than my usual Google Groups. Pretty much the same spam. I
know that in any given group of Usenet posters there will be some who
say that any news host is known for having large spam content, and I
believe it's true. The spammers are faster than the spam blockers, always.

And incidentally, it's easier for me to visually sort out the spam on
Google because I see a multi-line subject that almost always has junk
following it. I may be able to set Thunderbird (what I use to read
Verizon mail and news) to show the full subject line, but I don't want
to clutter up my view that way.

So the answer is still "ignore it." I have feeling, now that the door
has been left open, that it won't go away.

me he
)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata Anahata is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

So the answer is still "ignore it." I have feeling, now that the door
has been left open, that it won't go away.

The door's been open for decades in the sense of newsgroups being
accessible to spammers - in fact the term "spam" (and the concept)
originated on newsgroups in days when it wasn't so easy to harvest
private email addresses. I think the spammers turned to email because
the latter reaches a much bigger audience now.

Anahata
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 18, 12:30*am, Andy Eng wrote:
[...]

I too have been sending the spam posts to the
abuse-complaint department. They source from
the same areas so it may be easy to block once
there are enough complaints posted. Time will tell
if they stop or slow down. Go the extra step and
send an abuse note to the ISP that hosts them.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb Richard Webb is offline

To: Danny T
Danny T wrote:
No. This is a Usenet newsgroup. Nobody "runs" it,
certainly not Google.
Usenet is a peer-to-peer network of thousands of NNTP
servers around the globe. Google is just one of these thousands
of peer servers. Most of us do NOT read this newsgroup
on Google.

Then where does all this information set at rest? Doesn't it *have*
to sit somewhere?

YES, on each site's news server, just as with bulletin boards such as fidonet.
each usenet host stores the articles for the groups it carries on its own
disks. THat's why some of us object to stupidity and flame wars so strongly.
THey cause valuable posts to scroll off news servers.

There are folks can point you to info on nntp and how it really works. I see
SCott has already given you some.
AS to your musing why people give away bandwidth, etc.
A lot of usenet servers in the early days before we dumbed it down were run by
colleges and universities, institutions of learning. USenet was a great
facility for independent study and learning.

I'm replying to your message from a
bulletin board system I operate which is part of FIdonet. Eventually when
we're broadband internet it will be available via telnet http and ftp. WHy do I
give of my time and effort, not to mention money? TO assist people who give of
their time to volunteer as emergency communications personnel. TO assist these
volunteers my system has info available which will help them. AS a side
benefit it carries other discussion groups as well.

NOw that you've received some insight into usenet/nntp I hope that will
influence your activities in another newsgroup in which many here in this one
participate.

Regards,
Richard
.... Just when you think you're winning the rat race along come faster rats!
--- timEd 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: Radio REscue net operations BBS (1:116/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.85
* Derby City Online - Louisville, KY - telnet://derbycitybbs.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Anahata wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

So the answer is still "ignore it." I have feeling, now that the door
has been left open, that it won't go away.

The door's been open for decades in the sense of newsgroups being
accessible to spammers - in fact the term "spam" (and the concept)
originated on newsgroups in days when it wasn't so easy to harvest
private email addresses. I think the spammers turned to email because
the latter reaches a much bigger audience now.

Well, it used to be, when a site produced spam, they got disconnected pretty
quickly. These days it's been a long time since the Usenet Death Penalty
has been enacted.... there are just too many big backbone sites that don't
care about keeping things clean.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 18, 11:08*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Anahata wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

So the answer is still "ignore it." I have feeling, now that the door
has been left open, that it won't go away.

The door's been open for decades in the sense of newsgroups being
accessible to spammers *- in fact the term "spam" (and the concept)
originated on newsgroups in days when it wasn't so easy to harvest
private email addresses. I think the spammers turned to email because
the latter reaches a much bigger audience now.

Well, it used to be, when a site produced spam, they got disconnected pretty
quickly. *These days it's been a long time since the Usenet Death Penalty
has been enacted.... *there are just too many big backbone sites that don't
care about keeping things clean.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Maybe when the bandswidth starts to clog a little,
they might try a filter on the Google entry point.
It would be slowing down the advertising they get
paid to have on google pages.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Absence Absence is offline

Thanks for all of the information, gentlemen.

What are your newsreaders of choice?

Also, I noticed the site has an RSS feed and I set it up in
Thunderbird. I really disliked it. I want to be able to see entire
threads and have them updated when I start the newsreader. I don't
want to see individual messages, or listings of outdated topics.

Again, I want all of the topics that aren't filtered out by spam
control to update when I start the app. Is there anything like that?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Absence" wrote ...
Thanks for all of the information, gentlemen.
What are your newsreaders of choice?

Also, I noticed the site has an RSS feed and I set it up in
Thunderbird. I really disliked it. I want to be able to see entire
threads and have them updated when I start the newsreader. I don't
want to see individual messages, or listings of outdated topics.

Again, I want all of the topics that aren't filtered out by spam
control to update when I start the app. Is there anything like that?

I use plain old OutlookExpress which is bundled with
most modern versions of MS Windows. I'm happy
enough with it that I have no desire to change. It does
not have the sophisticated filtering that others can do,
but the benefit tradeoff makes sense to me.

I've tried the top 6~8 of the freeware (and cheapware)
newsreader clients and found them all ugly, clunky,
counter-intuitive and/or regrogressive throwbacks to
decades-old text-based versions. Yuk. YMMV

My very small ISP contracts NNTP to Supernews and
that is what I use at home. My employer's NNTP server
no longer hosts external newsgroups (only internal ones),
so I use individual.net which is a text-only (no binaries)
news server in Berlin. Costs 10 Euro per year (~ 1USD
per month). It would be well worth twice the price to
avoid the horrible Google Groups web-based UI.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Doc Doc is offline

On Mar 17, 7:20*am, Steve wrote:
Can anything be done to rid this news group of this recent torrent of
spams before it becomes totally impossible to find on topic posts?

But don't you want to know the latest on the conspiracy against the
MI5 persecution guy?

;-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Danny T wrote:

See - you've just boggled the mind even further. I could never figure
why companies give so much away - band width, free websites, email, IM
and so on. I guess that goes to show you that we're all built
different. I can do a lot of technical stuff but would never even want
to think about doing that kind of work.

That's basically how the Internet (and the other networks) used to be
when they started out. All cooperative ventures, run by folks who saw
benefit in providing services to one another because of what they'd get
back in return.

Some time in the mid nineties, that model broke down completely. Which is
why we have spam, among other problems.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Absence Absence is offline

I just set up rec.audio.pro in Outlook Express from a free NNTP server
that can run on port 80. Hell's yes!