Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] genericaudioperson@hotmail.com is offline

Default 64 bit processing, etc.

Hello,

This is sort of off-topic, but not.

I'm in the market for a new computer with Vista. I can't for the life
of me figure out if the Intel Core 2 Duo is a true 64 bit processor, a
fake one, or nothing at all to do with 32 bit.

And....

Any thoughts on audio software evolving into 64 bit architectures?
That would probably kill the argument that you need to go analog to
mix due to summing issues.

And then there are different versions of Vista. Supossedly, only the
"ultimate super premium" edition is true 64 bit.

Just trying to get pointed in the right direction. Took a break for a
while...