Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sakosky1@surfglobal.net is offline

Default need help post processing

I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
loudly. How can I fix that.
I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
software.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
loudly. How can I fix that.

Use a different microphone. Move the microphone higher or lower.
Tape a pencil to the front of the microphone. Use different talent.
Stick bubble gum on their front teeth.

I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
software.

You can always use a de-esser or a frequency-selective compressor, but
the real solution is retracking. Didn't you notice it during tracking
in the first place?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sakosky1@surfglobal.net is offline

On May 21, 2:29*pm, Laurence Payne wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:34:40 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
loudly. *How can I fix that.
I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
software.

Can you get her back? *It doesn't sound as if you have the tools to
attempt de-essing. *And it's a kludge anyway. *Re-record and listen
more carefully to the monitoring. *Do you need advice how to record
with less sibilance?

Yes, I'm quite new to recording.