stef

Default Question for ProTools users (DAE and VST issue)

Hello.
Iīm looking for a good audio/midi sequencer and so far Nuendo looks
pretty good to me. But still Iīd like to try ProTools since itīs the
big reference in audio editing...
So here come my questions:

- Is it possible to use ProTools without their hardware? (I installed
ProTools free but it crashes and it doesnīt seem possible to set up my
external audio card (M-audio duo).

- I installed ProTools 5.2 (I still use OS classic because it remains
so much faster than OSX with my G3 iBook) and it says "Unable to
create a DAE deck". What is the problem? Is it because I donīt have
their hardware?

- Also I heard that it was not possible to use VST plugins and VST
instruments with ProTools. Is it true? I really need a virtual Sampler
(like Halion or MachFive) and I love my little Pluggo set.

Thank you for any help.
Stéphane
EggHd

I installed ProTools 5.2 (I still use OS classic because it remains
so much faster than OSX with my G3 iBook) and it says "Unable to
create a DAE deck". What is the problem? Is it because I donīt have
their hardware?

How did you get the software?

---------------------------------------
Don Cooper

stef wrote:

How did you get the software?

ProTools is a pretty expansive system so before I spend the money - if
I decide to do so - I want to try, just to find out if it is what Iīm
looking for.

Try Pro Tools Free. That works with the internal hardware of the
machine.

TDM versions need external hardware in order to work.

Don
stef

Try Pro Tools Free. That works with the internal hardware of the
machine.

TDM versions need external hardware in order to work.

Don

Ok. Thanks everbody.
Don, I tried Pro Tools Free already but it seems (beside the fact that
it crashes all the time) it seems like I canīt set-up my external
audio card with this one.
Does it work ONLY with the internal hardware of the computer? That
would be a bit sad. Like either Pro Tools the great, either the crapy
one in the computer. Plus I use an iBook and there is no audio input.
Itīs really too bad if itīs not possible to use Pro Tools as the great
software it seems to be. I tried it at school, doing editing for
movies, a few years ago, and I thought it was both easy and powerfull.
I guess I should get Nuendo instead.