Adam

Default FA; Custom ProTools panel with wiring harness

Hey all-

Have you been wanting to make your ProTools rig more professional?
Here is a way to help. See our auction at
to bid on a custom back panel containing I/O for your ProTools rig,
complete with wiring harness. It is configured for a Mix rig. We
actually have 3 available, and there are provisions in the auction for
buying more than one, details below, as well as on the auction page
itself. Shipping details listed on the auction page. Here is the
text that is on the auction page, for your perusal;

Howdy potential bidders! You are bidding on a custom back panel which
was used in a ProTools mix rig with several 888 interfaces. The rig is
owned by one of the largest rental companies in Los Angeles, and used
on countless major label releases. The panel is one of three which are
being sold, due to the rigs being outfitted with new panels during an
upgrade to an HD system. It is suitable for bringing all of the I/O
connections from the back of your ProTools rig to a dedicated I/O
panel at the back of the rig. This makes setup/teardown quicker, and
less stressful on the actual interfaces, since they get plugged in
once, and then connections are made on the panel. It could be used
with any interface which uses XLR connections, including non-ProTools
hardware, or could even be used with any recording device which uses
XLR connections. It handles 24 channels of input, and 48 channels of
output. It is made of heavy gauge (3/16? thick) metal (I believe it is
steel), and etched with legends for each connector, and what it is
used for. It has 3 Elco 90-pin connectors; 1 input, 2 outputs, all
wired to the rental (Harp) standard. The other end of the analog
input/output cables terminate in black Neutrik XLR connectors, wired
with Mogami multi-microphone cable, which is approximately 4 feet from
back of panel to end of connectors. In addition, there is a dedicated
pair of outputs hardwired to channels 1 & 2 of the Elco outputs, and
brought out to a pair of XLR connectors on the panel. Useful for
connecting a 2-track recorder directly to the rig. There are
panel-mount BNC connectors for bringing the wordclock I/O (1 in, 2
outs), the video reference (in and thru), and the 256X clock signals
out to the panel. Additionally, there are 3 panel-mounted MIDI in
connectors, and 3 MIDI out connectors, with cables attached to connect
to your interfaces. There is also timecode I/O on XLR connectors,
S/PDIF I/O on high quality (Canare) RCA jacks, and AES sync I/O on XLR
connectors. There are also XLR I/O for 24 channels of AES digital,
wired with Mogami 8-pair digital cable (110 ohm). All XLR connectors
on the panel are made by Neutrik. There is nothing better to make your
ProTools rig (or other recording rig) more professional, and easier to
use.
If you wish to own more than one of these beauties, we do have 2 more
which will be sold, and could make arrangements to sell 2 (or even all
3) together. If you wish to negotiate for this option, please e-mail
us, and we can figure out how to accomplish this. You could own a
matched pair, or even a trio of panels! Probably the easiest way to
accomplish this would be for you to contact us by e-mail, and we can
negotiate what is a fair price to bid for one panel. Then, depending
on whether you wish to own 2 or 3 panels, we arrange for you to bid 2
times or 3 times the agreed price for a single panel. Then, at auction
end, we ship the appropriate number of panels to you, and put any
remaining panels up again to be sold.

Anyway, I thought all you fine folks here in RAP land might be
interested. Thanks for looking!!!

Kendall
Gearworks Pro Audio