Ben Stanley

Default Snell Acoustics E2 woofer replacement

I have a set of Snell Acoustics E2 speakers which I am very fond of.
The foam at the rim of the woofer cone is literally disintegrating.
The woofers are a Vifa M21WN07 (4 ohm).
Needless to say, these are obsolete, and I can't find any technical
information at all about them. Does anyone know what the technical
specs for this driver were? Or better yet, can anyone suggest a
compatible modern replacement?
Thanks
Jerry G.

You should get in contact with Snell. Refer to the paperwork that came with
the speakers for details, or ask the dealer where you bought them, or do a
net search for Snell.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Ben Stanley" wrote in message
I have a set of Snell Acoustics E2 speakers which I am very fond of.
The foam at the rim of the woofer cone is literally disintegrating.
The woofers are a Vifa M21WN07 (4 ohm).
Needless to say, these are obsolete, and I can't find any technical
information at all about them. Does anyone know what the technical
specs for this driver were? Or better yet, can anyone suggest a
compatible modern replacement?
Thanks

Arny Krueger

"Ben Stanley" wrote in message

I have a set of Snell Acoustics E2 speakers which I am very fond of.
The foam at the rim of the woofer cone is literally disintegrating.
The woofers are a Vifa M21WN07 (4 ohm).
Needless to say, these are obsolete, and I can't find any technical
information at all about them. Does anyone know what the technical
specs for this driver were? Or better yet, can anyone suggest a
compatible modern replacement?

Vifa M21 series woofers still seem to be around.

Here are some at least partial parameters:

http://www.partsexpress.com/projects...ifa_seas2.html

http://www.speakercity.com/box_align...Vifa_box.shtml

http://www.speakercity.com/specs/vifa_ts.shtml

And (international) sources with m21 drivers:

http://www.thlaudio.com/vifaitm.htm

https://secure.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/...=-1&TB=A&SHOP=

http://www.algonet.se/~minic/html/fynd.htm

http://www.hifikit.se/show_kat.asp?K...8&KatName=Vifa

Ben Stanley

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:27:15 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

You should get in contact with Snell. Refer to the paperwork that came with
the speakers for details, or ask the dealer where you bought them, or do a
net search for Snell.

Geez, I don't know why I didn't call Snell first. I just thought that
since I couldn't source the originals, and the speakers themselves
were so old (my little brother gave them to me recently after buying a
new set of Magnaplanars) that Snell wouldn't support them. They do,
and offer modern replacements along with electronics modifications
necessary.
Thanks all for taking the time to reply.