jim123 jim123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Shotgun microphones

Hi,

I just wanted your opinion on which is the most directional microphone I can buy ?

Thanks for your help
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

jim123 wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted your opinion on which is the most directional microphone I
can buy ?

Thanks for your help

http://www.squidoo.com/parabolic-reflector-microphone

Greg
jim123 jim123 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for that.

I'm actually looking for a microphone that is suitable for recording a water drop without picking up any ambient noise from the sides.

Can you suggest any microphones that would be suitable for this kind of recording ?

Thanks again for your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregz View Post
jim123 wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted your opinion on which is the most directional microphone I
can buy ?

Thanks for your help

http://www.squidoo.com/parabolic-reflector-microphone

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

-

http://www.squidoo.com/parabolic-reflector-microphone

Greg

Getting close is the key, and keeping dry. A cheap electret if not too
noisy should work. Ask in rec.audio.pro
What ambient noise is present other than the echo.

Greg