Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Worst audio quality ever?

Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The
Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording
this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side
of a piece of paper.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
carl black carl black is offline

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 18:56:40 +0000 (UTC), Jeff Henig
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The
Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording
this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side
of a piece of paper.

I've not heard it, but maybe there's a reason he's decided to retire other
than being tired of travel.

FWIW, it was posted over at alt.binaries.mp3 and alt.binaries.music
on 07/27/2014 if anybody wants to take a peek. ;-)
I wasn't impressed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tim Sprout Tim Sprout is offline

On 10/6/2014 10:32 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The
Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording
this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side
of a piece of paper.

Can you list a couple faults (so I can learn)? I listened to the Mark
Knopfler track.

-Tim Sprout

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 09:03:46 -0800, Tim Sprout
wrote:

On 10/6/2014 10:32 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The
Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording
this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side
of a piece of paper.

Can you list a couple faults (so I can learn)? I listened to the Mark
Knopfler track.

-Tim Sprout

Start with track 1 and the farting drum kit that follows the intro.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

On 10/6/2014 10:32 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The
Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording
this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side
of a piece of paper.

Can you list a couple faults (so I can learn)? I listened to the Mark
Knopfler track.

-Tim Sprout

Start with track 1 and the farting drum kit that follows the intro.

Yes, thank you. Some big names on the production staff, as one would expect.

Recording engineer: Alan Douglas
Mixing engineer: Simon Climie
Mastering engineer: Bob Ludwig

-Tim Sprout

Posted to rec.audio.pro

This http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...n&album=breeze might be one explanation for the sound quality. Average dynamic range for the album = the Shepherd value.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:29:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

This
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...n&album=breeze might be one explanation for the sound quality. Average dynamic range for the album = the Shepherd value.

The bad quality here is nothing to do with dynamic range or any other
decisions in post. It was simply recorded by someone blind and deaf.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce wrote: "http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=eric+clapton&album=breeze"

Why does everyone in here downplay DR?! As I said it is one indicator of why the sound quality got so many complaints.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

wrote in message
This
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...n&album=breeze
might be one explanation for the sound quality. Average dynamic
range for the album = the Shepherd value.

Get on that hobbyhorse and ride! The smell of rotting horseflesh must
be lovely. Have you even listened, or did you just look up some
numbers and saddle up that dead nag?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

wrote:

On 10/6/2014 10:32 AM, Don Pearce wrote:

Has anybody tried listening to the new Clapton and Friends album - The

Breeze?

Talk about disappointed. I'm not sure there has ever been a recording

this poor. What do you think? Try and list the faults on just one side

of a piece of paper.

Can you list a couple faults (so I can learn)? I listened to the Mark

Knopfler track.

-Tim Sprout

Start with track 1 and the farting drum kit that follows the intro.

Lots of farting sounds on the ... Breeze ... track, as far as per Youtube, original, version of it.

I think they went for organic sound, the band playing together feel, but unlike Hank's (Alrich) attempt, could not make it for real, but rather faked it all the way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Is the singer's voice a part of "worst audio quality"? I have a rare LP of
Leona Anderson (the sister of cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson) singing "Rats
in My Room", and other favorites.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Is the singer's voice a part of "worst audio quality"? I have a rare LP of
Leona Anderson (the sister of cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson) singing "Rats
in My Room", and other favorites.

If that is the case, I think Flora Foster Jenkins has them all beat hands down.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Is the singer's voice a part of "worst audio quality"? I have a rare LP of
Leona Anderson (the sister of cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson) singing
"Rats
in My Room", and other favorites.

If that is the case, I think Flora Foster Jenkins has them all beat hands
down.

+1
And this was my favorite!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtf2Q4yyuJ0

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:29:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
This http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...n&album=breeze might be one explanation for the sound quality. Average dynamic range for the album = the Shepherd value.

Ouch. Squashed the fcuk outta that. That's an eye-opener.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 8:13:29 AM UTC-6, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Is the singer's voice a part of "worst audio quality"? I have a rare LP of
Leona Anderson (the sister of cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson) singing "Rats
in My Room", and other favorites.

Yep, we are talking last century. That song is on Ernie Kovacs CD "Record Collection" along with many others you and I would know. That cut (written by Tony Burrello & Tom Murray) was released on"Music To Suffer By" ca. 1956.

And now back to the Nairobi Trio.....

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 10:33:33 -0700 (PDT), Klay Anderson
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:29:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
This http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...n&album=breeze might be one explanation for the sound quality. Average dynamic range for the album = the Shepherd value.

Ouch. Squashed the fcuk outta that. That's an eye-opener.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Actually, yes. Just listened to a few more tracks, and I've rarely
heard compression pumping so badly. Such a shame.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

wrote:

Ouch. Squashed the fcuk outta that. That's an eye-opener.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Actually, yes. Just listened to a few more tracks, and I've rarely
heard compression pumping so badly. Such a shame.

Maybe they should've used more lube.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

On 8 Oct 2014 10:33:54 -0400 "Scott Dorsey" wrote in
article

If that is the case, I think Flora Foster Jenkins has them all beat hands down.
--scott

+2... Our local public radio station always slips in a bit of her
Carnegie Hall performance during fund drives. It causes an avalanche of
pledges with comments like "I pledged to make you stop playing that!"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 16:33:54 UTC+2, Scott Dorsey wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Is the singer's voice a part of "worst audio quality"? I have a rare LP of

Leona Anderson (the sister of cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson) singing "Rats

in My Room", and other favorites.

If that is the case, I think Flora Foster Jenkins has them all beat hands down.

At the moment, I've a work to do, each syllable cut moved closer to the meter
and tuned, not because I love to do it, but because it must be done to be
listenable. Can't do a thing with diction and pronunciation, though. Would to
sing "give me your love", but it sounds like "geevee yooo laaa".
Thank god for DAW, otherwise I'd be locked in recording room forever,
repeating and recording word by word, ad nauseam, all without any effect to
the outcome. We repeat something 5 times, with breaks, talking different
approaches, 5 times it ends up exactly the same.
Much easier on health to fix it like this.