Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] air453@gmail.com is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

Hello,

I am looking for mic help!
I just bought a vintage Shure 55c high impedance microphone, a new
vintage style 7' cable (3-pin amphenol to 1/4"), and a 1/4" to XLR
transformer from radio shack. I have connected it to several
different sound boards but struggle to get good sound quality.
Everything sounds muffled, like the bass is missing perhaps.

I purchased it on ebay, and the seller said the sound quality was
"amazing", though he said he tested it on a ham rig, and I don't know
much about that. I've been doing tons of research about impedance
matching, and I made sure to buy the right cables and all that, and
yet I can't get this thing to work the way I had hoped.

I've posted a sample that I recorded at a radio station I work at.
Please take a listen and let me know what you think.

Is it broken? Is it just old? Could I be wiring it wrong?

Thanks for all your help,

Adam

Good bass music for sound quality (no boom) WannaKatana Car Audio 8 December 30th 06 05:20 AM
Good music for sound quality WannaKatana Car Audio 5 December 29th 06 09:33 AM
Sound Trouble disturbed290 Car Audio 1 June 3rd 05 02:37 AM
Shure E2,3,5: sound quality, isolation? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 March 9th 05 10:49 PM
Good sound quality amp under 300.00 any suggestions? wangch Car Audio 6 April 17th 04 08:14 AM