Kurt Albershardt

Default Audix Micros

Audix is advertising the "worlds smallest condenser microphones with
integrated preamp and detachable cable" in their M1245
http://www.audixusa.com/Acrobat/micros_spec_sheet_2.pdf

Anybody heard them yet?

Ty Ford

In Article , Kurt Albershardt
wrote:
Audix is advertising the "worlds smallest condenser microphones with
integrated preamp and detachable cable" in their M1245
http://www.audixusa.com/Acrobat/micros_spec_sheet_2.pdf

Anybody heard them yet?

It appears larger than a Countryman B6.

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Kurt Albershardt

wrote:

Audix is advertising the "worlds smallest condenser microphones with
integrated preamp and detachable cable"

It appears larger than a Countryman B6.

Yeah, okay--it's smaller than all sorts of electrets. But I get the
impression this is an externally-polarized condenser design.

Blind Joni

Some guys at ProSoundWeb.com live audio board have reported on them within the
last week.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Kurt Albershardt

Blind Joni wrote:

Some guys at ProSoundWeb.com live audio board have reported on them within the
last week.

Thanks--just checked the posts there and found several "yeah, they work
good for drums" replies. I think I'll call Audix and see if they have
some other references.