Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

Default Pro Tools Mastering Plug-in

On 4/14/11 2:25 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
adam79 wrote:

I know there is much more to mastering than just a Pro Tools plug-in.
However, after taking 20 minutes to adjust the levels, EQ and add some
effects, I wrote the original post.

Tools available generally include channel eq, dynamics and addition of
reverb/effects. The primary eq tool for getting the sound is however to
position the mic properly for type and sound source.

It only takes 10000 hours to become "an expert" so you only have 9994 to go,
you DO need to allow yourself a bit of a learning curve and/or be willing to
outsource at least some of the process if you need a reasonable result fast.

I agree with putting in 10000 hours to become a true expert, at
anything. However, I do have much more than 6 hours of experience; I've
been recording since '98-'99. Besides taking a summer course on Audio
Production, I don't have much of any experience with a true professional
setup and high-end gear.

Alex understood what I was looking for with this quick project,
recommending the Isotope product. The RX Demo gave me access to the
couple things I wanted to finish up. That whole recording (besides
vocals) was done with digital DI products (i.e. V-Drums, POD XT...) The
recording was a success! We were able to hear what we sounded like,
without wasting the little practice time we had that night on tracking
and mixing. It was a spur of the moment idea.

-Adam

FA: Digidesign D-FI Plug-in for Pro Tools NEW! jazzboplover Marketplace 0 January 17th 06 05:06 AM
Best plug-in bundle for Pro Tools LE? add1 Pro Audio 7 January 21st 05 07:59 PM
Pro Tools Mbox Plug-In Help db2123 Pro Audio 2 October 31st 04 02:36 PM
Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
Plug Ins for Pro Tools? Healthy Stealthy ; Pro Audio 1 September 23rd 03 06:28 PM