-XC-

Default WTF is Svetlana's attitude?

Looking at the Svetlana data sheets in the ebook group made me look around
and found this site which still has all the datasheets.

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/

The USA/Canada entrance link states that they will not provide service, but
if you enter via the other link everything is OK.

What's up with them?

Jim McShane

-XC- wrote...

Looking at the Svetlana data sheets in the
ebook group made me look around and
found this site which still has all the datasheets.

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/

The USA/Canada entrance link states that
they will not provide service, but if you enter
via the other link everything is OK.

What's up with them?

Nothing, and it has nothing to do with their
"attitude". They don't own the rights to the
Svetlana name in the USA (and Canada
apparently), so they aren't allowed to link
those visitors to their site.

New Sensor owns the rights to the Svetlana
name in the USA.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

-XC-

"Jim McShane" wrote in message
-XC- wrote...

Looking at the Svetlana data sheets in the
ebook group made me look around and
found this site which still has all the datasheets.

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/

The USA/Canada entrance link states that
they will not provide service, but if you enter
via the other link everything is OK.

What's up with them?

Nothing, and it has nothing to do with their
"attitude". They don't own the rights to the
Svetlana name in the USA (and Canada
apparently), so they aren't allowed to link
those visitors to their site.

New Sensor owns the rights to the Svetlana
name in the USA.

Appreciate the clarification Jim.
But I think they could be a little more diplomatic with their web entrance
wording;
I'm sure I'm not the only one that was put off by it.

John

Adam Stouffer

-XC- wrote:

Appreciate the clarification Jim.
But I think they could be a little more diplomatic with their web entrance
wording;
I'm sure I'm not the only one that was put off by it.

John

It took me all of a minute to look up a proxy server located in europe
and visit their site. The whole thing is a flash nightmare. They claim a
lawsuit is the reason tubes sold in the US and Canada will have a
different logo. If anyone cares I can post some screenshots to binaries.

Adam
Jim McShane

François Yves Le Gal wrote...

Matthews of New Sensor has snatched the
Svetlana brand from it's rightful owners, thus
barring the real Svetlana from having any
activities under it's name in Northern America.

No, he BOUGHT the rights to the name from
the prior owner (which was a distributor, not
Svetlana proper) which went bankrupt.

You may not like what he did, but there was
nothing about it that wasn't above board. He
didn't "snatch" it back. Hey if Svetlana wanted
it back, why didn't they buy it?

Before you start tossing Mike under the bus,
you might want to consider where we'd be in
terms of tube supply without him and his
companies. Not a pretty picture...

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Gregg

Check out alt.binaries.e-book.technical, I did a datasheet flood.

Those New Sensor jerks need to get their web-**** together or get out
of the business!

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Fabio Berutti

I'm NOT located in Norh America, nevertheless the f#@&%&!!! server does not
let me in. Is there any other URL to get into?

Season Greetings to everybody!

Fabio

"-XC-" ha scritto nel messaggio
Looking at the Svetlana data sheets in the ebook group made me look
around
and found this site which still has all the datasheets.

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/

The USA/Canada entrance link states that they will not provide service,
but
if you enter via the other link everything is OK.

What's up with them?

Gregg

Behold, Fabio Berutti signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

I'm NOT located in Norh America, nevertheless the f#@&%&!!! server does
not let me in. Is there any other URL to get into?

Hi Fabio,

I have had success with the open Spanish proxy at: 80.38.54.131

Give 'er a try :-)

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Jeff Thompson

"-XC-" ha scritto nel messaggio

Looking at the Svetlana data sheets in the ebook group made me look
around
and found this site which still has all the datasheets.

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/

The USA/Canada entrance link states that they will not provide service,
but
if you enter via the other link everything is OK.

What's up with them?

Try right clicking twice on the "rest of the world" link.
It worked for me.
Oskari Heinonen

Fabio Berutti wrote:

I'm NOT located in Norh America, nevertheless the f#@&%&!!! server
does not let me in. Is there any other URL to get into?

Looking at the source code, I see a javascript contraption which
should open the link http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/svetlana.htm
Does that work for you?

--
Oskari Heinonen * University of Helsinki * Department of Computer Science
* http://www.cs.Helsinki.FI/Oskari.Heinonen/

cowboy

"Jim McShane"

Before you start tossing Mike under the bus,
you might want to consider where we'd be in
terms of tube supply without him and his
companies. Not a pretty picture...

Jim McShane

with all due respect, you are an IDIOT

Mike Matthews and Aspen Pittman have done more to hurt tube audio in this
country than anyone I can think of.

there is a special place in HELL for those who prey off the less fortunate,
and try to trick people into buying the wrong thing by stealing famous
trademarks, selling junk as a premium tubes, or stealing schematics and
other "lowest of the low" sleazy behavior. It reminds me of people who have
semi-legal work screwing people, like pawn shops, check cashing places,
rent-to-own, scam infomercials etc.

look at how they have trashed the classic tubes brands by re-releasing fake
CRAP Reflektor tubes under the revered legendary names of Svetlana, Mullard,
Tung-Sol, Genelex, etc.

and look how Aspen Pittman ripped off guitarists for 25 years with crappy
sounding unreliable tubes at outrageous prices, and then ripped off a bunch
of schematics and sold it as a book.

these two are the LOWEST SCUM I can think of (except for maybe George Bush,
Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, Bill Frist, Rush Limbaugh, & Karl Rove)

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Life is stupid.

Business isn't Holy.

We are usually assholes.

Tubes may do the Music magic

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Jim McShane

cowboy spewed...

with all due respect, you are an IDIOT

(Snip off the wall rant)

I guess I'd be bothered if you had a clue, but
you don't.

In fact, I'd be concerned if you didn't think I
was an idiot.