Tha Ghee

Default Car audio amplifier with digital audio inputs

"_" _@ wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a car audio amplifier with digital audio inputs. I'm
having a real tough time finding one. Is there anything out there on
the market like this?

not yet and it any be a while, since most HUs and Procs. don't have a
digital output standard.

thelizman

Tha Ghee wrote:
"_" _@ wrote in message ...

I'm looking for a car audio amplifier with digital audio inputs. I'm
having a real tough time finding one. Is there anything out there on
the market like this?

not yet and it any be a while, since most HUs and Procs. don't have a
digital output standard.

Actually, no. Most manufacturers gave up long ago, not because there
wasn't a standard, but because the cost-benefit ratio didn't justify the
technology. Sony had digital fiber optic outputs and amps that accepted
it as input in their Mobile ES line. Eclipse had digital outputs on all
their ESN CD heads at one point. Alpine still uses it's AINet protocol
which carries the audio signal in addition to data (used mainly for
outboard processors).

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
John Durbin

I believe it was actually the Pioneer ODR system that had amps with
digital inputs... in the first generation Mobile ES products, Sony only
used digital optical connections between the P-1, other digital sources,
and the X-1 processor. The amps only had unbalanced analog RCA inputs.
Don't recall them changing that for the later Z50 but I could be wrong.

JD

thelizman wrote:

Tha Ghee wrote:

"_" _@ wrote in message

I'm looking for a car audio amplifier with digital audio inputs. I'm
having a real tough time finding one. Is there anything out there on
the market like this?

not yet and it any be a while, since most HUs and Procs. don't have a
digital output standard.

Actually, no. Most manufacturers gave up long ago, not because there
wasn't a standard, but because the cost-benefit ratio didn't justify
the technology. Sony had digital fiber optic outputs and amps that
accepted it as input in their Mobile ES line. Eclipse had digital
outputs on all their ESN CD heads at one point. Alpine still uses it's
AINet protocol which carries the audio signal in addition to data
(used mainly for outboard processors).

Tha Ghee

"thelizman" wrote in message
Tha Ghee wrote:
"_" _@ wrote in message

[...]

just like I said, and you just showed, there was no industry standard, every
manuf. had their own propriety connection.

Masterson

I know that Alpine and Phoenix Gold both are producing
amplifiers that have a Fiber Optic input.

Octane-R 5.1MT
Alpine MRA-D550