Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Horta

Default Anyone willing to critique voice?

I've recorded some various samples with different (written)
direction and emailed them off to a pro (I won't mention names),
but I'd rather get a variety of impressions/opinions/advice. I've
never done this type of thing before and have only recently
conceded to my wife and many others who always harp on me about
"using my voice" for yada, yada, yada. I know it's RAW and I don't
have a fragile ego about my potential -- or lack thereof.

Anyway, I have a 7Mb MP3 that I'd love to email (or snail mail a
WAV CD) to anyone with experience and the ability to offer
reasonably professional critique, outside of "you suck, go home
loser." I'd ask Ty, but he seems like he has a FULL plate. If there
seems to be any deeply hidden talent I don't mind investing the
effort and money necessary to extract it.

The samples were recorded on my low-end "studio" gear and it's the
first time I've used it (no pop screen) so I'm not sure of mic
quality, off-axis, distance, and just about everything else there
is to know. Basically I'm an idiot, so keep that in mind. The world
is full of stupid people and I am proud to be their leader.

If interested just email me and I'll either email or snail mail the
files.

I apologize if this breaks any etiquette barriers.

Brendan
bgetchel [at] gmail [dot] youknowwhat