John Perry

Default Tube (valve) bases?

Hi,

I have some circuitry I want to put into tube bases to make tube
replacements, but I can't find the bases. Does anyone know where I can
find 7-pin and 9-pin miniature and 8-pin octal tube bases (NOT
sockets!)? I'd rather not have to break up dead tubes to get the bases.

John Perry

Paul D. Spiegel

I've seen octal plugs in some parts catalogs that may work for you.
Sometimes the octals were used as chassis connectors. My old Dynaco
ST-70 had a pair to power a pre-amp. I found some from 'WPI
Interconnect Products' in my Allied Electronics catalog.

However, I've never seen a 9-pin or 7-pin tube socket like connector.

John Perry wrote:
Hi,

I have some circuitry I want to put into tube bases to make tube
replacements, but I can't find the bases. Does anyone know where I can
find 7-pin and 9-pin miniature and 8-pin octal tube bases (NOT
sockets!)? I'd rather not have to break up dead tubes to get the bases.

John Perry

Paul Babiak

John Perry wrote:

Hi,

I have some circuitry I want to put into tube bases to make tube
replacements, but I can't find the bases. Does anyone know where I can
find 7-pin and 9-pin miniature and 8-pin octal tube bases (NOT
sockets!)? I'd rather not have to break up dead tubes to get the bases.

John Perry

Check these out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
http://tinyurl.com/83chw
--
return email paulbabiak at rogers dot com