Emanuele Girlando

Default Sansui 5000x tuner/Amp - power output modules (F-6013 boards)

I am restoring an old Sansui 5000x tuner/Amp that has been tampered with and
I am trying to bring back to its original conditions.
Attached is the restoration log up to now.
I do really need information about the F-6013 power output borad. I need the
schematic or at least the component list.
Any help appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

--- restoration log --------
Found at a discharge point (YES! the trash!!) in Piossasco (TORINO) - North
West Italy.

Visual: looks ok outside and inside. All Fuses in place and ok. Voltage
selection ok to 240Volts as required here. Primary and secondary windings in
main transformer tested ok. Rectifiers tested ok as well. Main CAPS all
showed very low ESR. Wiring ok.
Dirty chassis on top.

Fire-up: Connected to car speakers. Connected to mains. Fired up at 110V ..
nothing but low glow in some lamp; switched to 240V ..WORKING!! The tuner
immediately shows impressive performances being able to receive stations I
never heard before here at my arrangement. Sound seems ok.

TESTS:
1KHz at AUX and proper dummy loads at speakers output - The push-pull
cross-over point is crossed perfectly by the right AMP. A step is instead
developed by the left AMP. This brought me immediately to the emitter
resistors at the LEFT AMP. They are not original AND they are not the same
in value. Replaced with two identical resistors of 0.3ohms as the one I see
in the right AMP. The step got lower but it is still there.

Tryed to adjust the no signal current for both AMPs following the service
manual. Right AMP is ok sucking 23mA. The left amp DOESN'T suck any
current - 0mA!!

Looking better inside I noticed the following:
power AMPs are both model F-6013 while the service manual and the diagram I
have call for a F-1040. Googling around I have found the following
statements:
"The 5000 is a good receiver. However, Sansui came out with a significant
modification to the output module for that receiver. The modification
eliminated recurrent failures in the output stage. The 2SD-424 was the
replacement device specified for this upgrade, as I recall. If the mods are
performed, the receiver is pretty good and reliable";
"Yes, the F-1040 bd was replaced with F-6013. Technical service bulletin
also is available at www.sansui.us"
Furtheremore I see the right and left power transistors are not the same:
right ch mounts a couple of 2SC1079, while the left ch mount a couple of
2N3442.

The left channel seems to have been repaired rawly and with out of spec
parts....

--
Emanuele Girlando (IW1DHI)
(Remove GETRID. from my E-mail)

--
Emanuele Girlando (IW1DHI)
(Remove GETRID. from my E-mail)
http://space.tin.it/clubnet/egirland
mirror at
http://www.qsl.net/iw1dhi

Mark D. Zacharias

The 5000 was really a stinker. Unless you really have some need, like if
you're a Sansui collector, you could do better with almost any Kenwood or
Pioneer of the day, or slightly later models.

Mark Z.

"Emanuele Girlando" wrote in message
[...]

..

Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
FS: SOUNDSTREAM CLOSEOUTS AND MORE!! Nexxon Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 02:59 AM
FS: 3000 watt amp $179!! 900 watt woofers $36!! new- free shipping Nexxon General 1 October 14th 03 02:06 PM