Rich Andrews.

Default FM interference from unknown source

Randy Yates wrote in :

Sounds like a radar - are you near an airport or military base?

--RY

Precisely what I was going to say. You would be amazed what grief a radar
installation can bring into your life.

Look for a big dome within a 5 mile radius of your home. Even if you
cannot see it, if you see a sign that says "U.S. Govt. Property - Keep
Out", I would say you found the source. The real trick will be in
supressing/eliminating the interference.

(Dave) writes:

I just set up a stereo system in a new home and am experiencing some
odd RFI. At frequencies below about 100 MHz all stations are affected
by a regular high amplitude (much louder than the programming) spike
(popping noise like a scratched record) about every 2 seconds. This is
constant, 24/7, and does not vary in repetition frequency. Stations
above 100 MHz are not affected by this. We have experienced other odd
electrical phenomena as well (don't know if these are related or not):

-- I attempted to set up a wireless LAN, but despite professional
installation help and 2 different routers, we were never able to
achieve sync between host and clients. I put in a wired router and
everything worked immediately out of the box.

-- The light on a remote-controlled ceiling fan turns on and off
randomly, even when the batteries are removed from the remote control.
The only way we can keep the light off is to turn of the power at the
wall switch.

And yes, actually, the house is built on the site of an ancient
Piscataway Indian community that was here over 300 years ago.

Barry Mann

In , on 03/26/04
at 10:07 PM, Randy Yates said:

Sounds like a radar - are you near an airport or military base?

--RY

Been there. The first time I encountered radar I was on a military base
doing a final checkout on a reel-to-reel tape deck repair. All of the
sudden the unit developed a little chirp, every couple seconds. I was
crushed and confused, that noise didn't make any sense till, out of
the corner of my eye, I noticed a new (big) van about 1/4 mile away.
Every time the rotating antenna on that van pointed in my direction I
heard a chirp.

On current radar systems you probably won't be able to see anything
moving.

spam:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)

Tim Padrick

Default interference from fish tank heater

Put a .01uf 600v capacitor across the switch on your neighbors heater. That
should solve the problem.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
I've encountered the following that may have application he

2. My remote control extenders are constantly triggered by my neighbor's
fishtank heater. The heater has a bimetal strip switch that arc. It's 50
yards away.

jriegle

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
[...]

The clicking sound every two sec sounds to me like a electric fence. I can
hear them when driving by while listening to a strong AM station. It could
affect FM if you are close enough. I do get a lot of hums, buzzes and other
noise on FM in the office where there are lots of computer equipment.
John

Strange interference pete Car Audio 4 February 3rd 04 10:46 PM
Speaker Repair Glue - Name and Source bulk buys TC General 1 January 3rd 04 05:52 AM
Speaker Glue Source - I wanna buy bulk! TC Audio Opinions 1 January 3rd 04 01:16 AM
Mysterious interference to satellite radio connected to Onkyo receiver Rick Tech 3 December 14th 03 03:15 PM
Problems with interference James Stewart Car Audio 0 November 22nd 03 12:01 AM