Peter

Default "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD Player

I have recently seen the "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player advertised,
and I noticed that it incorporates balanced XLR outputs, which not even the
very expensive "high-end" consumer Marantz CD players do.

Hence I am wondering how this "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player sounds
compared to the very expensive Marantz "Consumer" models?

I am also wondering if this PMD325 Marantz CD player features automatic
"de-emphasis" for listening to "early" CDs which incorporated "pre-emphasis"
for noise reduction?

I do not have any Marantz professional dealers nearby so I cannot listen to
this CD player, nor have I ever seen one, but I wonder if anyone reading
this might have heard, or perhaps even own, one of these PMD325 CD players?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Max Holubitsky

Peter wrote:

I have recently seen the "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player advertised,
and I noticed that it incorporates balanced XLR outputs, which not even the
very expensive "high-end" consumer Marantz CD players do.

Hence I am wondering how this "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player sounds
compared to the very expensive Marantz "Consumer" models?

I am also wondering if this PMD325 Marantz CD player features automatic
"de-emphasis" for listening to "early" CDs which incorporated "pre-emphasis"
for noise reduction?

I do not have any Marantz professional dealers nearby so I cannot listen to
this CD player, nor have I ever seen one, but I wonder if anyone reading
this might have heard, or perhaps even own, one of these PMD325 CD players?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Just curious, but why Marantz? I've owned a Marantz CD player, and a Marantz DVD
player, and both of them were totally unreliable and required service within the
first year. They are in fact the only pieces of consumer electronics I've taken
to get serviced under warrenty.

flowmarta flowmarta is offline
Banned

Excellent variant