Davor

Default superscope (marantz) R-1270

Hi!

Does anyone have any information on this receiver.
I've looked everywhere but there doesn't seem to be anything on the web
about it.
Information I do know (probably not accurate):
4 channel FM output
quadraphase
70 watts per channel
phono, aux, and tape in
Made in Chatsworth, California, USA

Thanks fo your help
Davor

Trevor Wilson

"Davor" wrote in message
Hi!

Does anyone have any information on this receiver.
I've looked everywhere but there doesn't seem to be anything on the web
about it.
Information I do know (probably not accurate):
4 channel FM output

**Nope.

quadraphase

**An ill-fated effort to allow 4 channel operation using FM.

70 watts per channel

**35 watts per channel.

phono, aux, and tape in
Made in Chatsworth, California, USA

**Dream on. Made by MJI (Marantz Japan Inc).

The R1270 was based on the very excellent Marantz 1070 integrated amp and
the 104 tuner. Although topology was almost identical, there were some
detail changes. Since the output and driver devices were not matched (as
they were in the 1070) THD and IMD was somewhat higher. Having said all
that, the R1270 was a pretty decent old receiver, with commendable levels of
reliability and decent enough sound quality. I have a service manual for it
somewhere or other.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Trevor Wilson

"Davor" wrote in message
Hi!

Does anyone have any information on this receiver.
I've looked everywhere but there doesn't seem to be anything on the web
about it.
Information I do know (probably not accurate):
4 channel FM output
quadraphase

**Whoops. Quadraphase was a kind of Hafler-style pseudo 4 channel
capability. Works with all sources. Naturally, it is a waste of time.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Viewoiiikio Viewoiiikio is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for the*informative*posts.
dubli

Last edited by Viewoiiikio : November 12th 14 at 11:09 PM