Spockie

Default where are all the flammers who claim they can help me if i asked?

sound system works fine until i turn on the engine,
i check all the trunk ground points they look fine,
i checked the engine ground points, there are two of them above the car,

i didn't go under the car yet,so there might be more. but the two above the
car look fine.

I am not sure what is the problem

i turn engine on front speakers go mute, i turn engine off front speakers
Spockie

Spockie wrote in
1:

sound system works fine until i turn on the engine,
i check all the trunk ground points they look fine,
i checked the engine ground points, there are two of them above the
car,

i didn't go under the car yet,so there might be more. but the two
above the car look fine.

I am not sure what is the problem

i turn engine on front speakers go mute, i turn engine off front
speakers go back to normal

also this situation happens only when using my amp, my speakers worked fine
with using the head unit's amp
MZ

Mommy never taught you to ask nicely?

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Spockie" wrote in message
1...
sound system works fine until i turn on the engine,
i check all the trunk ground points they look fine,
i checked the engine ground points, there are two of them above the car,

i didn't go under the car yet,so there might be more. but the two above

the
car look fine.

I am not sure what is the problem

i turn engine on front speakers go mute, i turn engine off front speakers

Les

Hell, there are alot of us that could have helped you, but why should we?
You won't believe us, after all as you put if we are all just,

" ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters, damn,
it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge"

So if you are such an expert in how to solve problems and we are just a
bunch of ****ers that don't have first hand knowledge then solve the problem
yourself.

I was even ready to write a nice reply until you come out with your flamers
post. So solve it yourself.

Les

"Spockie" wrote in message
1...
sound system works fine until i turn on the engine,
i check all the trunk ground points they look fine,
i checked the engine ground points, there are two of them above the car,

i didn't go under the car yet,so there might be more. but the two above

the
car look fine.

I am not sure what is the problem

i turn engine on front speakers go mute, i turn engine off front speakers

Spockie

"Les" wrote in
m:

Hell, there are alot of us that could have helped you, but why should
we? You won't believe us, after all as you put if we are all just,

" ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters, damn,
it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand
knowledge"

So if you are such an expert in how to solve problems and we are just
a bunch of ****ers that don't have first hand knowledge then solve the
problem yourself.

I was even ready to write a nice reply until you come out with your
flamers post. So solve it yourself.

Les

you want to make stuff personal go ahead, anyone who wants to make this
personal then email me

either way lets stick to subject and topic of what causes this problem of
front speakers mutting only when engine is turned on

sounds like engine ground is wrong but i checked and cleaned two of the
points near the top

i can check under it

Scott Gardner

Do you have a four-channel amp, or two stereo amps? If you have two
amps, check to make sure both of their power indicators are still on
with the car running.

Do the front speakers cut out as soon as the engine is running, no
matter what the volume the head unit is set to?

Have you tried swapping the front speaker wires and the rear speaker
wires at the amplifiers? This way, you could tell whether the problem
is with the speakers or with the amp(s). After the swap, if the front
speakers keep cutting out, then it's a problem with the speakers or
the speaker wiring. If the back speakers cut out instead, the problem
is with the amp.

Do you have an ohmmeter? Check the resistance between your ground
points and the negative terminal of your battery. Anything more than
a few hundredths of an ohm probably means the ground connection is
poor.

Scott Gardner